What active player is the hardest to trade for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajax44

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
On your time here at The Bench, which currently active star player do you think is the hardeat to trade for?

Take Jeter for example: Popular guy, and many people collect him. You'd think it would be hard to find Jeter stuff to trade for....... yet if you look, you usually can find something you need.

I'll go with Mark Buehrle to start. It probably isnt the perfect answer, but I dont see alot of his stuff out there to trade for.

Im biased but in terms of autos Tom seaver. I seem to be the only one will buy his autos. Ive seen more pujols autos than I have of Seaver on this site:)

edit: Sorry didnt see active player. Probably in that case pujols.

Last edited:
Eric Chavez, lol....he doesn't have any 2010 cards yet and in 2009 he only had 118 cards with 36 of them being 1/1's. I blame his injuries for his fall off in card products.

Billy

Common players are the hardest to trade for. Generally, they get thrown in a stack with other commons and people don't want to dig them out because it's not worth their time when the card only books for $.10. I can't seem to trade for Ryan Rowland-Smith or Franklin Gutierrez card even when I offer 3-4x BV. HERE are 2 pages from my Guti want thread and I got 1 legit response.

Last edited:
Common players are the hardest to trade for. Generally, they get thrown in a stack with other commons and people don't want to dig them out because it's not worth their time when the card only books for $.10. I can't seem to trade for Ryan Rowland-Smith or Franklin Gutierrez card even when I offer 3-4x BV. HERE are 2 pages from my Guti want thread and I got 1 legit response.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Said it best! Commons are near impossible to trade for if you want EVEN VALUE deals. Take my Rich Harden Collection for example. If I'm ever trading for just base or GU or AU, I occasionaly get oh I'll take a Pujols for that Harden base. Well a base Pujols card books about 10x that of a Harden Card. For game used and AU's everybody just wants to go by BV when everything of him can be picked up on Ebay for a little over a dollar plus shipping...But the main point is those who are collecting common players have the hardest time. Thank goodness for those who are willing to take what the common player cards are really worth!

But overall no complaints, I've had great experiences trading for Harden stuff on The Bench!

Maybe I missed the point of the post, but he said "star player" so I assumed that anyone in the $0.30 common list wouldn't count.

Maybe I missed the point of the post, but he said "star player" so I assumed that anyone in the $0.30 common list wouldn't count.

Wouldn't consider Mark Beurhle a "star player" and thats what he put, so I figured it would work

Add Jeremy Guthrie to that list
I have gotten 3 total in the last 6 months. Because no one believes (except klofton7) he loves Guthrie... that there is about 5 or 6 people that actually collect him..

Popular players, lol I trade Mauer like he's going out of style.. Any of you who think he is hard to trade for, come and find me.. I have had a ton of them..
Add Pujols to that list.. I have a bunch of Game Used, even an Autograph. Add a 09 Spectrum Patch to that list.
But yet again, no one ever has anything I need. As a trader, you want to get something you actually need and not just getting something else not needed for a set or collection of a player. So it's not worth it as "me" to trade for something that I may never get rid of or just trading to re-trade when I can't find anything I need sometimes on the site. I actually got my first trade for a set need here 2 days ago for the first time this year from anything beyond 2008. I know my wants are harder to find, but people have them burred, hidden from sight, and that's all it takes. Do some digging and you'll find it! If you don't have it, then I appreciate your looking!

Who else is hard to find or trade for... it has got to be anything from pre 2007. Hardly anyone breaks it anymore, and when its not a hot commodity, it gets pushed to the side.. along with all of my wants from 2005 on back :(

Last edited:
Mauer. There have been very few people with anything besides inserts and base to trade. I have had to resort to picking up the 2 autos, patches, and jersey cards from trades at local shows.

Autos are another story, people still want to trade you crap for autos anyway or a bunch of little stuff for a big one. If you are talking a decent $4 to $12 card it would be Pujols, I keep him off my Trade page and will trade if I get higher priority stuff. I have too few Mauers to really be noticing, but his stuff seems to be too cheaply listed in BV. I spotted a poorly worded 2002 Topps RC eBay auction already at $6.50 before shipping just yesterday.

Its been extremely hard for me to trade for Ryan Braun cards... but maybe Im just biased :)

Last edited: