What CASE break would you like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That Heroes break was quite awesome. Won't be another one like it for sure.

I'd go for 2013 Topps Series 2 when it comes out...

I'd go for 2013 Topps Series 2 when it comes out...

I would be in on that. I just did a quick run of the numbers and with 32 teams a $530 case of cards comes out to $16.57 a person. If you ad on $10-15 a person for shipping, paypal fees, plus a little extra for the one putting in their time a spot is around $30. Depending on how many relics there are you are looking at around 90 cards a spot. With some memebers picking multiple spots we should get close.

Just my thoughts.

What is a spot? Is a Team a spot?

Topps series 2 will be about $50 per box x12 in a case. Jumbo will be about $85 or so.

Also, we can beat Blowoutcards Heritage price...

Last edited:
What is a spot? Is a Team a spot?

Good Question....when we did the 2008 UD Heroes break there were 2 rounds. The first round each"spot" I think there was 32 whoever had that spot picked out 1 card. Then round 2 the order was reveresed(if you picked last in the first round you picked first in the second) you picked out a team and you recieved all of the cards from that team.

With the Topps base issue we may just do 1team round....but that of course is not for me to decide.

Hope this helps,

Frank

A low end product would have to be done by team. Just not enough hits to garner interest. Doing it by teams is not easy either since teams like the Yanks, Sox and Dodgers will go quick.

I always thought it would be cool to do a "bid" break. Take 30 spots, one for each team, and have people bid on them. Once the sum of all bids reaches the break even point, bidding is over, and whoever has the highest bid on each team gets that team. This way, the breaker loses nothing, and everyone should be happy because they'll get the team they want (or be outbid). I don't like most random team breaks, because I only am interested in the Cubs cards.

The Yankees would probably be bid up the highest, and some lesser teams wouldn't be very expensive, which would be nice for the little teams fans...

That would take out the randomness (and frequent disappointment) of the way most breaks are.

Thoughts?

I would be in on that. I just did a quick run of the numbers and with 32 teams a $530 case of cards comes out to $16.57 a person. If you ad on $10-15 a person for shipping, paypal fees, plus a little extra for the one putting in their time a spot is around $30. Depending on how many relics there are you are looking at around 90 cards a spot. With some memebers picking multiple spots we should get close.

Just my thoughts.

If we're looking at baseball, there's only 30 teams, so you'd have to add about $1 to your numbers...

I always thought it would be cool to do a "bid" break. Take 30 spots, one for each team, and have people bid on them. Once the sum of all bids reaches the break even point, bidding is over, and whoever has the highest bid on each team gets that team. This way, the breaker loses nothing, and everyone should be happy because they'll get the team they want (or be outbid). I don't like most random team breaks, because I only am interested in the Cubs cards.

The Yankees would probably be bid up the highest, and some lesser teams wouldn't be very expensive, which would be nice for the little teams fans...

That would take out the randomness (and frequent disappointment) of the way most breaks are.

Thoughts?

I like the Idea but why not just put a set price for each team. Obviously the Yankees would prob. be one of the higher priced teams due to how many cards they usually have in a product and the popularity. But break it down into 30 teams and have a set price of them. First come first serve basis. I buy several team breaks on other sites and they all have set prices. Most of the breaks I buy usually sell out that day and the break happens that night. I pay on average $11 for a break of 2 hobby boxes. Last break was 2012 Triple threads and 2013 topps series 1 and I paid $11 for the Diamondbacks that came out of the products. With me being a player collector I dont care about much of the others. Granted BJ & Justin with the Braves now will increase what I spend bc the Braves are a more popular team to buy for and they are usually one of the first teams gone. So if I would have been buying Braves that slot for last break I would have paid roughly $20

I like the Idea but why not just put a set price for each team. Obviously the Yankees would prob. be one of the higher priced teams due to how many cards they usually have in a product and the popularity. But break it down into 30 teams and have a set price of them. First come first serve basis. I buy several team breaks on other sites and they all have set prices. Most of the breaks I buy usually sell out that day and the break happens that night. I pay on average $11 for a break of 2 hobby boxes. Last break was 2012 Triple threads and 2013 topps series 1 and I paid $11 for the Diamondbacks that came out of the products. With me being a player collector I dont care about much of the others. Granted BJ & Justin with the Braves now will increase what I spend bc the Braves are a more popular team to buy for and they are usually one of the first teams gone. So if I would have been buying Braves that slot for last break I would have paid roughly $20

Could do that, but why not let the buyers set the price? For the breaker, he/she could think the Cubs are one of the higher priced or lower priced teams...that's just a matter of opinion. Bidding lets the buyers pay what they're willing to get what they want.

Maybe do a random draw type of thing so the more popular teams don't go as fast and it's totally random for everyone involved?

2012 Leaf Memories is a really fun case to break and the ROI is great. The last few breaks I have been in have netted me some awesome cards - and they sell really well as they are all low numbered. Most of the time the break down is 60 spots per cards (20 Autographs, 20 cards numbered /5 or /1, and 20 spots for the cards numbered /20 (5 per box) and /99 (3 per box).