What Do You Think of a Seller That Requests a Cancel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I bet the answer each of gives may differ slightly, even significantly, if you are one of the parties affected by the transaction. Much like the feedback scenarios or shipping problems we often discuss here, it's usually not that big of a deal UNLESS it is happening to YOU!

That being said, I try to look at every situation in the same manner, giving credit where it is due and placing fault where it is due.

Bottom line, no matter how "warm and fuzzy" you are or how "cold hearted" you are, the guy listed an item for sale. In the end, James had a bid on it and that is fact. The seller has full control of their actions and there is no excuse for this to happen. If he actually did sell it and list it by mistake and let it run for 6+ days, maybe he needs to (1) do a better job of keeping his business in order and (2) locate one for James and buy it so he can fulfill his obligations. If the seller won't sell the item to James, then that seller is breaching his contract, PERIOD! It doesn't matter what the circumstances were...just ask bigwall there and he'll surely agree based on his story.

He tells eBay he sold it elsewhere, he tells ME he wants more money, does that sound like integrity?

Unless I missed a post, they actually never asked you for more money. They said "obvioulsy i did not intend to sell for .99", which fits the scenario that they sold the card elsewhere and were trying to end the listing early. Looks to me like they simply got fouled up by the never ending constant changes in technology nowadays. True, their communication skills need improvement, but I wouldn't hang them just for that.

Seller and I worked things out, but it just goes to show you that you need to communicate before you try something on your own that can be misconstrued.