What I like about 2010 Topps, so far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dankir96

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I picked up a bunch of packs of 2010 Topps today at Target. Besides the great design on the front, what I like the most is...

You can actually read the card numbers on the back. The numbers are large and nice and bright. Easy to read. For last years cards I needed my glasses and a magnifying glass to read the numbers. Last years card numbers were dark too, which just added to the difficulty of reading them. I cringed every time I had to sort cards last year.

The other thing I like is that the parallel cards serial numbering is not that shiny gold lettering. This years serial number is black and easy to read. Last year and in previous years, if you didn't hold the card at just the right angle, you could not read the serial numbering.

So kudos to Topps for "fixing" these two simple, but important features.

Did they have blasters? $10 or $20 blasters if so?? Target is a 45 min. ride for me!

Thanks
Christopher

My Target (approx 15 mins) had only loose packs. I checked two local Walmart's as well. They did not have any 2010 Topps yet.

I noticed the larger set numbers, too, and loved it. Will make set building a lot easier.
I don't like the serial # on the gold cards, though. I really preferred the old gold stamping. I think the new black serial numbers look like a last second add-on, and not something that belongs on a card.
While I don't like the design as much as I thought I would, I still think they're winners.

... now if they could just stop screwing the hobby dealers. They still have retail-exclusive product available only to Target and Wal-Mart, and they've actually released them 3 weeks earlier than they will in hobby stores. :(

-Casey

I got a few packs at Target, and am confused to what I got. I have 2 mini cards, on is Pujols and says "Ball" in the top left and lower right corners, the other is Cy Young, only it says "Single" where the Pujols says "Ball". Cards number 7 and 6 in a 45 card set.

I also got a Topps Million Card Giveaway redemption, any idea on what these are?

I also got a few other inserts but those seem irrelevant.

Last edited:
I got a few packs at Target, and am confused to what I got. I have 2 mini cards, on is Pujols and says "Ball" in the top left and lower right corners, the other is Cy Young, only it says "Single" where the Pujols says "Ball". Cards number 7 and 6 in a 45 card set.

I also got a Topps Million Card Giveaway redemption, any idea on what these are?

The Pujols and Young are part of the Target Exclusive Red Back insert set, all of them look like game pieces (made to look like the '51 Topps Red Back design). The Million Card Giveaway cards have a code on the back for you to redeem an actual Topps card, but I checked and you can't start redemptions until February 15.

On a different note, what other inserts did you get? I'm looking to build a few of the insert sets and still need a lot more.

I'd be interested in any inserts that you don't want.

At least Topps has done something right if you can see the card numbers without having to have a light right above the card and angle it just so to sort the cards. Last year took twice as long to sort because of the numbering.

Don't think much of all the inserts they have this year. What do they have ten subsets in series one? And while I'm ragging on Topps, what's going on with their website. When I checked yesterday the last release they have any information, other than the release date, on is BDDP. Guess Topps can take things a little easier without any competition.

B!$@#ing over, anybody have any Turkey Reds they want to trade let me know.

I gotta agree with the sheer number of inserts is watering down the product. Off the bat, I would cut the Peak Performers, even though that's what they're going to be putting their GU and Autos on.
I wasn't a fan of them bringing Turkey Red back as an insert because they're ultimately going to just let it pass into oblivion again, so I would cut that one out, too.
I may be in the minority, but I like the reprint inserts, but having the "Cards Your Mom Threw Out" and "Cards Your Mom Threw Out Original Backs" is pretty annoying. That being said, for the first time in a while, I'm going to go for both of those sets and try to complete a Topps insert set.
Still... its 2010 and Topps is out!