What is your MOST EXPENSIVE card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpr1981

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
In the day and age of cards being worth a TON, I was curious to see what your most expensive card was...Here is mine

2008 Upper Deck Goudey Sport Royalty Autographs #DJ Derek Jeter SP

jeterauto.jpg

There is no book value for the Sp version...the regular Goudey version books for $250...

Lets see em!

Colvin

My most expensive Football are these two. I just picked up the Emmitt Yesterday No BV # 2/5. The Unitis ungraded BV is 300.00.

Image0501.jpg

Image0403.jpg

For baseball it would have to be my Henderson #'ed to /5
Image0324.jpg

Thanks! A friend of mine has had this card for over a year and I have been trying to get it from him for some time. I gave up a ton of cards for it, but I had to have it!

Hard to say, as I don't pay attention to catalog values once the card is mine. Many of the cards I obtained were once "worth" more, back in the day.

Here are a couple modern cards that once had pretty insane values...

1994 Score R/T September Call-Up Redemption card
HC1Front.jpg

1993 Finest Refractor
102thomas.jpg

Probably pale in value comparison, but a seldom seen Joe Montane Rookie item, 1981 MSA disc
JOE.jpg

Then I have a plethora of older cards that have high BVs, but that doesn't take into consideration current condition. Most of my older cards have some or a fair amount of wear and tear to drop the value enough from BV to make them worth much less than BV would lead you to believe. Cards like...

1952 Topps Andy Pafko (The #1 premium over-exaggerated!!!)
dodgeroddball.jpg

1911 T3 Turkey Red Nap Rucker
1911T3TurkeyRedCabinet.jpg

1954 Wilson Franks Gil Hodges
GH.jpg

1954 Stahl Meyer Duke Snider
1955StahlMeyerFranks.jpg

1958 Bell Brand Roy Campanella, Reese & Hodges
1958BellBrandDodgers.jpg
1958BellBrandDodgers2.jpg
gil.jpg

A pair of Jacks;) (1949 Leaf Jackie Robinson & 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson rookies)
jackie.jpg
49B.jpg

1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig and a ****** Foxx
GOUDEY.jpg

1951 Topps Connie Mack All Star Christy Mathewson
matty.jpg

My mini Zach Wheat collection, including a T204 Ramley and a Cracker Jack
NAP.jpg

A couple of '56 Topps scrubs!
56-1-1.jpg

Those are just a few that I had scanned already. Given condition and values in the book, not sure which I would call my "most expensive". Heck, it might not even be one of these for all I know.

Here are mine for each sport.
AJ

In Baseball its one of these 3. All have no BV so would depend on what someone was willing to pay.
AJ
SPed to 20. I am sure it would do well on Ebay since this set is a set a lot are trying to complete and its the hardest card to get from the set.
CobbTy1.jpg
GU Jersey #ED 3/3
Ruth1.jpg
Ruth2.jpg
GU Pants #ED 3/3
RuthBabe3.jpg
RuthBabe4.jpg
Basketball
One of these 2. Both are SPs with no BV but the dual is a double RC auto of James/Anthiny
JamesLebron1.jpg

Jordan1.jpg
Jordan2.jpg
Football
Has to be this
GU patch #ED to 5
BrownJim.jpg

I'm not so sure why I even started this one...I am in seriou spain looking at all these amazing cards!!! I don't even collect vintage and the post by mrmopar is making me jealous and then seeing a Jordan auto is always nice.

AWESOME stuff!!! Thanks

Colvin

My best is probably 1960 Topps #350 Mickey Mantle $600.00 for vintage. P9120159.jpg and
2006 Topps Triple Threads Platinum #106 Robinson Cano AU J-J 1/1 modern P9120156.jpg

Last edited:
I've been collecting over a year now, and this is my one card with the highest bv...thanks to David K. and his awesome and generous contests on The Bench!!!!

clemensbtl.jpg

I think this is the card worth the most in my collection /5
2004LeatherandLumberMaterialsBarrel.jpg

This is the one I have spent the most to obtain /1
2004LeafLimitedMonikerJerseyPrimeTr.jpg

I'll be a little modest and admit that there are lots of wonderful cards in this thread that are probably "better" than this one, but it's the one that tops my collection:

1954 Topps Ernie Banks rookie... last I saw, it booked for $1500
banksrookf.jpg

-Casey

I have my VG-EX 1952 Topps Pafko ($5000 in NM) and a VG 1950 Bowman Ted Williams ($1000). I use to have a FR-PR 1934 Goudey Gehrig ($3000) and a VG 1953 Bowman Color Mantle ($3000).

I guess this would be it? Most of my expensive cards are all 1/1 thus not really listed..... I just bought this on ebay.. but I didnt pay the $250 asking price, lol....

superfractor.jpg

I have the same one....actually I have 2 of them.:D

The sad thing is, I recall having a good stack of at least 10 of 'em back in the day. A friend and me would go down to the local Seven-Eleven and buy packs like crazy. I believe we traded 'em to his brother for cards we needed of our sets. I have the entire set plus stickers plus the next years as well.
Oh well!

LOL!
Jason

I bought packs then too and had just about everyone you could want except Jordan when I "rediscovered" them around 92-93! They had not been touched since I joined the Navy in 87. I don't know if I was robbed, was taken by another trader then or just was unlucky. I had 3-4 Jordan stickers though.