What other sites do you trade on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatdadx2

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I have just recently signed up for three other sites in order to trade...
Sports Card Forum (doesn't seem to be much baseball)
and these two (which don't seem to have a lot of action and seem to be difficult to work your way through)
Trader Retreat
Sports Card Freaks

Is there another site/s that deal with a lot of baseball and are user friendly?

Hands down and second to none "THE BENCH" seems to be the BEST, but I'm just trying to find other traders on other sites to expand the collection

Thanks,
Robert

I don't trade on any other sites but I occasionally pick up singles for sets and player collections on Sportlots.

I'm still a member on sportscardforum, but you're right, there really isn't much baseball there. I was actually a member there before I found the Bench, it had a lot of great people and vas very baseball-oriented then, but it really dropped off about a year or so ago, although I still make a trade or two per month over there now.

I don't trade much anymore since my wants are so narrow but if/when I do it's here on The Bench.

I primarily buy on Ebay and COMC.

Robert,

I am a member of most of the sites. SC Forum is ok, but as was said, hard lately on baseball trading. SC Freaks is difficult. SC Haven doesn't have much traffic. FCB is pretty good. This is where all of the good Beckett posters went after the change. Trader Retreat is barely there anymore. TCC used to be pretty good, but I haven't been on there for a while. I actually have more trades on Pat Neshek's forums than TCC. I am also a member of the Yahoo trading group Trading Bases. They are a great bunch of traders who just work off of emails and wantlists.

I know that I am missing a few, but I think these are most of the bigger sites for trading. Of course, these are just my .02.

Good luck with your collection. I know how it gets when you get down to those last few tough cards in a set.

Members of the Beckett Message Board (a few trades), Freedomboard, Sports Collectors (just signed up), Topps and of course The Bench! Best regards, David

Sports Card Forum,

but this site blows them out of the water, i just love the enviornment and how active it is over here.

I actually own Card Trader Universe. It's small but we are still new. I used to trade on Topps but now I only read there. So now I only trade on my forum and here.

im a member on peggys trading very few trades go on but they do probably like 1 a day.... though just like the bench everyone is very close

I am on over 30 different trade sites... I do not actively trade on most of them though just something here or there... I keep spreadsheets with all my info

The only big one I am not on is SCF as they do not allow live.com emails and I am not going to setup a separate personal email just for them

SCFreaks is difficult.
I feel I need to address this as the defensive argument.

Being the lone baseball Moderator there, I will not beat around the bush. Trading is difficult in the baseball section, but the basketball and football is what we thrive on. I have tried for a while to bring in fresh people to start getting the baseball section going, but nothing has stuck. The other big thing is that most baseball traders sign up, look around, stay for a couple weeks and then never come back. I'd also like to say that we did help the Bench by donating some YSL cards that were needed, I think it was about 20 of them.

If somebody has ways that they would like to see that particular site improved, send them to me and I'll see if something can be done.

I feel I need to address this as the defensive argument.

Being the lone baseball Moderator there, I will not beat around the bush. Trading is difficult in the baseball section, but the basketball and football is what we thrive on. I have tried for a while to bring in fresh people to start getting the baseball section going, but nothing has stuck. The other big thing is that most baseball traders sign up, look around, stay for a couple weeks and then never come back. I'd also like to say that we did help the Bench by donating some YSL cards that were needed, I think it was about 20 of them.

If somebody has ways that they would like to see that particular site improved, send them to me and I'll see if something can be done.

Hey bud,

I didn't mean to imply that SCFreaks is a bad site, it is just a difficult site for a set builder like Robert to get anything done. Most of the baseball traders there have high end stuff and were not very willing to trade with new traders. I posted there for a while and got no responses. It was just my opinion from when I was there. You can't make people trade if they don't want to and that is my impression when I visit the site. Freaks is better with other sports, that's just how it is.
I don't want any hard feeling based on my opinion, ok?

I am also a member on sports card forum but I do all my trading and posting right here on the bench...the only thing I like better about there than here is the custom cards they make and show off and also the other sports besides baseball is better...but I love the bench 100% and do all my "business" here lol

im a member of sportscard forum and i honestly find it to be the perfect compliment to the bench. Moving higher end on here gets to be tough sometimes and moving lower end on SCF is tough. But i find that used in combination i can move just about anything. My 2 dollar gu threads have had far more success here then on SCF where as i have had more success unloading higher end things on SCF.

i really feel like these 2 sites together make a perfect pair

As a forum owner I can tell you that it's no picnic to run one, let alone start one. It's hard to recruit people and have them actively trade on another site when they are so used to trading on whatever other sites they belong to. It's hard enough to get anybody to participate in a discussion let alone make trades regardless of how high or low end they are.

I enjoy this site a great deal and to be honest, I feel that this site should be the model for all others. I can only hope the my forum grows to be as successful as the bench.

SportsCard Forum - I find that it makes up for the lack of hockey activity here. Good forums on sports and cards issues.
Trading Card Central - I haven't been actively on it since early this year. The trading activity on this site has greatly dropped off over the 12-18 months. Friendly members.
Hobby Insider - Excellent forum for hockey collectors who are into collecting certain players and auto/gu and higher-end cards. Not much activity for us set collectors. Also not much activity for non-hockey collectors. Not much of a trader manager set-up compared to other sites.