What to do with my Christmas $?

twins fan

5.00 star(s)
Okay I am 16 and I got $100 (early) from my very nice and generous Grandma. At first thought I was saying to myself, okay go to the local card store and pick up a box of cards for around $50-$60 and put the rest in savings...
But now I am having second thoughts about this decision. I have not made a decision yet and have not bought anything with the money. What my question is of you is what to do. Should I buy a nice card on eBay? or buy a box of cards from an online store? If you say the second option could you please state why and what is a good product for $50-$60 and from what store. All opinions are welcome.

Happy Holidays to all
Thanks- Christian

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
If it were me I would buy one nice high end card (since your never guaranteed anything good in boxes) and then deposit the rest in savings.

I have plenty of nice high end cards in my current ebay auctions that end tomorrow (shameless plug, I know).

My .02,

Jeremy

avstars

5.00 star(s)
Well, only you know whatever makes you happy. If there is a specific card that you have been eyeing and would love to have it in your collection, then go for that. If not, then go for a box. 08 Heroes Baseball is a good product for around mid fifty bucks in blowoutcards.com.

entersandman

5.00 star(s)
If you musy buy a box I would go with heroes however Id would buy a highend auto of a player you like.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I would get a nice auto ($60.00) from eBay for my personal collection and place $40.00 into a saving account. Best regards, David

97honda

5.00 star(s)
I would either
A. Put it all into savings.
B. Buy a nice single of my favorite player or just a card I've been wanting.

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
I'd buy a box of 08 Baseball Heroes for $50 because there is nothing as fun as busting a box, even if you don't get a huge "hit"...thrill of the chase you know :)

Then...I'd buy something nice for your PC with the rest and save whatever is left over.

truffleshuffle0

5.00 star(s)
I would get a card you like then put the rest in savings. A box would be fun to break but you don;t know what you would get and could loose out big time.

twins fan

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the opinions. I mean UD Heroes doesnt seem like a bad buy, I busted one box already and I got a Prince Fielder Auto /15 and a Tim Hudson Patch /25. So I got my money out of that

saferseas

5.00 star(s)
Even $50 can go a long way on ebay....especially right now. i'd buy something nice from there.

six43dpnc

5.00 star(s)
I'd buy singles of the players you collect. Ebay or www.checkoutmycards.com(they have over 20 pages of reyes, just checked). I collect hof autos and gued and I buy singles instead of taking the box break gamble (but busting boxes IS FUN and I've done may share....and will continue to do so on a limited basis)

Sponsors