When does a collection border hoarding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubby--- You hit the nail on the head.....

An interesting story here. Back in 1992 when the Penguins won their second Stanley Cup I purchased a poster and a group of 4 sticker panels to place on the poster just before I went on vacation. My intention was to frame it when it was finished. I placed the sticker panels in between something flat to keep them from bending while I was gone. I still haven't found them to this day. I guess that's just the way it goes. I do believe in Black Holes. I give a lot of cards away to the Church I attend youth program. I also donate cards to the local Boy's and Girl's Clubs. Hope this eases the pain. Butch

Last edited:
I sold about 80% of my collection (mostly commons from the 80's and 90's recently ... about 10,000 that I had in 700 ct. boxes) and threw out 2 large copy boxes of magazines, price guides, etc.

I put my comic books on craigslist and if they don't sell, they're going to good will with a lot of other stuff I am donating.

It was relief to get rid of all of that stuff and clear up space.

My next project is about the 1,500 records that I have from DJ'ing, to get that cut in half. That's going to be the biggest challenge because with the advent of digital forms, there is much less of a demand for vinyl. My vinyl went from being pretty useful to relatively useless, quickly.

I'd say it becomes hoarding when you are holding just to hold because you are afraid if you let it go you will miss out on its value or utility. If it starts to intrude on your space, that is a sign too, which is why I wanted to get rid of the cards.

As I turn 30, I don't want to look like the 40-yr-old ****** in a few years ...

I think the Vinyl might be easier to sell than you think. There are still many who prefer to listen to it. Might be time consuming, but you could probably have luck moving the more popular stuff.

Craig