Where do I donate cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterboy12386

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Title says it all. After looking online for some charity's and places like that, I'm kind of at a stand still. I'm not looking for a tax write off or even care if one is included, but was wondering if anyone here has donated cards if you've used this website/charity:

http://www.collectibleswithcauses.org/

My whole thing is I want to donate things to legit places. I've already donated tons of stuff to a local children's hospital that I've donated other things to in the past, I even did a toy and book drive for my Eagle Scout project for this place, but would like to donate stuff to other places and organizations in addition to this one. I also searched the threads here and saw one that someone suggested donating them to local little leagues. I didn't think of that and sadly have to wait until next season as many of the league's around here have already finished.

Anyway, please let me know where you guys and gals donate your cards or have donated in the past. Thanks!

-Kenny

Halloween is coming up, put a bunch in team bags and offer them up as a choice between that and candy, the little kids love them and they don't care who the players are!

Halloween is coming up, put a bunch in team bags and offer them up as a choice between that and candy, the little kids love them and they don't care who the players are!

Funny you said that because I actually started doing that last Halloween. That is a great idea and I highly encourage everyone to do that!

Funny you said that because I actually started doing that last Halloween. That is a great idea and I highly encourage everyone to do that!

I agree guys, that's a great idea! Get them started while they're young, and they'll continue the tradition for generations to come!!

Tim

Outside of donating cards to Children's Hospital I've also donated some cards to some churches for their children's ministry. I've also donated cards to my local Boy's and Girl's clubs. Might consider the Boy Scouts. Butch

Do you have any younger relatives or friends' kids? Those are always a good outlet, as long as the parents don't mind :p.

Outside of donating cards to Children's Hospital I've also donated some cards to some churches for their children's ministry. I've also donated cards to my local Boy's and Girl's clubs. Might consider the Boy Scouts. Butch

Funny you mentioned Boy Scouts Butch because last year I did a show and tell with some of my stuff and gave a bunch of cards to the scouts who "past" a brief quiz I gave them. The rest got cards anyway, but a couple of them actually wanted to know more about the hobby and some of them got the Collections merit badge using baseball cards.

If anyone knows anyone involved the boy scouts or even girl scouts, I encourage you to do the same, especially with the younger scouts. Not only will they love getting free cards, but they can earn awards for certain things which is yet another + for them

Do you have any younger relatives or friends' kids? Those are always a good outlet, as long as the parents don't mind :p.

I actually send a lot of my Mets stuff to my niece whose mother sadly is a Mets fan, and Cardinals stuff to my nephew who lives not to far from St. Louis. They make wonderful birthday presents :)

HI When my kids were in elementory school, I would donate 3500 count boxes of cards to the school and the teacher's would use them as prizes and rewards to the students...Also...They can be used for a Tax Donation!! Figure $0.02 to 0.05 if there all commons. Get a receipt

Last edited:
HI When my kids were in elementory school, I would donate 3500 count boxes of cards to the school and the teacher's would use them as prizes and rewards to the students...Also...They can be used for a Tax Donation!! Figure $0.02 to 0.05 if there all commons. Get a receipt

I would suggest the same. Give them to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade teachers. They're great "prizes." Kids love them.
I would always accept a donation too ;)

If they are Pujols game used or autos I'll send you my address lol, if not I usually gave them to schools

I would suggest the same. Give them to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade teachers. They're great "prizes." Kids love them.
I would always accept a donation too ;)

I remember when I was in 4th grade, I brought my 1st grade teacher a treat that I brought for the class on my birthday. She let me pick a "prize" from her prize box, and to my delight I found a 1995 Topps Traded Carlos Beltran RC amongst the cards. This was in 1999, following Beltran's rookie of the year campaign, and he was my favorite player at the time. I believe it booked $30 or $40 back then.

Kirby

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online