Where do you like selling the most, eBay, FB, or here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So I'm just curious what avenue you like to sell your cards, eBay, FB, or here? Where do you feel you get the most money out it? Of course eBay has the most eyes, but takes the biggest fee.

What do you all think?

COMC. They finally got it back together the past 6 months and with the ability to auction through them on ebay it’s been a no brainer for me. They do 90% of the work and i have access to a lot of what I’m after.

Sportlots. It is simple to work with and gives me an easy place to track all of my inventory for trades too. I also have control of my inventory there instead of turning it over to someone else to manage.

I have never taken cash out of it. I just use the proceeds as credits to get the cards I need for my collection. Only disappointment has been the auction process. Too few participants and depressed prices because of the format. Bidders nickle and dime each other to death in a waiting game to see who gets tired and walks away first.

I use Sportlots for fixed price inventory and eBay for auctions or more complicated fixed price lots.

I guess for me it'd depend on what I was selling. If I had a lot of low end cards to unload, I'd definitely use Sportlots. If I'm selling singles or lots, eBay all the way!

Ebay & sportlots are my selling hubs I use ebay for higher end cards I get the most money for my cards hands down on ebay.For lots/low end cards and unpopular sets I sell on sportlots and lastly I sometimes try to sell on here but nobody usually wants to pay a fair price for cards so I avoid selling on the bench as much as possible.

I hate eBay, both for buying and selling.

I sell here on occasion, buy here fairly often. My favorite place to sell is local shows. For a $30 table fee, I get in person interaction with collectors and cash in hand. There are several folks that will look for me first, because I trade for things I know they like.

COMC. They finally got it back together the past 6 months and with the ability to auction through them on ebay it’s been a no brainer for me. They do 90% of the work and i have access to a lot of what I’m after.
Was thinking of using them for eBay. What fees percentages do they take?

As tough as this is to say and all of us collectors have to accept it…eBay controls the market of sports cards at this point in the hobby! I get in trade talks with Benchies on here and at times they get mad at me when I tell them eBay comp sold listings for their cards. They think their cards are worth more but their not. Very few if none pay high end book values…this is only my opinion…I always sell on FeeBay! Would love for the Bench to offer auction sales…
Thanks Josh

I hate eBay, both for buying and selling.

I sell here on occasion, buy here fairly often. My favorite place to sell is local shows. For a $30 table fee, I get in person interaction with collectors and cash in hand. There are several folks that will look for me first, because I trade for things I know they like.
Rob,
Do you have to have a tax ID or something to sell at tables in shows?
Thanks Josh

You'll need to keep in mind that the government has instituted taxes on eBay sold items. If you sell $600 or more, you'll get taxed on it.
I noticed recently that Sportlots has started adding sales tax to my totals. I have only bought cards from there and have never sold anything. I am about 99% sure that they did not do that before.

I have sold on The Bench, which I prefer to avoid the eBay fee. I haven't sold anything in 9 months, because I got a 1099-K form from Ebay for 2020. I don't want to be paying taxes on something I have spent thousands of dollars on to obtain. And I definitely want to avoid the Social Security tax. I do plan to put up some things for sale in the next few months. First on The Bench. Maybe on Facebook, and lastly on eBay.

You'll need to keep in mind that the government has instituted taxes on eBay sold items. If you sell $600 or more, you'll get taxed on it.
Also if you receive payments via goods and services that total over $600 through Paypal, Venmo, etc.

If I read it right, paying friends & family is okay but they're cracking down on it.

I have sold on The Bench, which I prefer to avoid the eBay fee. I haven't sold anything in 9 months, because I got a 1099-K form from Ebay for 2020. I don't want to be paying taxes on something I have spent thousands of dollars on to obtain. And I definitely want to avoid the Social Security tax. I do plan to put up some things for sale in the next few months. First on The Bench. Maybe on Facebook, and lastly on eBay.
If you keep all your receipts from buying supplies and boxes of cards you can use those to right off expenses.
I was talking with a guy at my local card shop and he said one year he sold $84,000.00 worth of cards on eBay and didn't have to pay any taxes because he did that. This guy only buys the really high end stuff so he usually spends a few thousand every time he goes to the shop.