who do you collect and how do you go about collecting them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Well I collect Mets autos when I could get my hands on the many needed. My main need is to complete several GU sets I started a few years ago. Man it is a chore to find the final few needed to complete those sets. I would like to start a new autograph set. But with the problems I am having trying to finish these sets it does give you pause. I like the 06 utlimate signature materials set. I think it is a very sharp set. I have four cards. But not moving forward on it until I am done with the cards needed to complete the sets on hand.

Forgot to add in my original post that I also dabble in Ervin Santana and Josh Hamilton. At least when I have the money to do so. Really don't go for much besides GUs and Autos (Autos are much more in my price range for Santana than Hamilton) and RCs. I don't have much but I do enjoy collecting these guys. Don't know why really besides the fact that Hamilton is from this area (about 30 mins. away) so he's kinda a local guy and his story really is interesting, its hard not to like him. No real reason for collecting Ervin. Just like him I guess.

Besides baseball, I collect any NC State from NBA and NFL. I am a bit of an NBA fan (my team is the Bobcats, but I'm more of a fan of the entire NBA) and a pretty big NHL and NFL fan (Canes and Carolina Panthers...also like the Chargers). But I don't really collect 'Cats and Panthers cards. I dabble in Canes cards, autos and GUs mainly.

And of course, I'm open to anything that catches my eye...doesn't have to be someone I collect.