Why is this Randy card $500+??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i definitely say not shill bidding.....seller with well over 4000 feedback and two bidders with feedbacks of 250 and well over 2000....no bid retractions as is usually the case when a shiller finds his mark's bid ceiling....each bidder has only bid on one item from this seller (most shillers drive most if not all of a sellers items up) ....i also i find it a bit unlikely for a seller to use such well-established accounts (with such high feedbacks) to shill....not to mention , that is really the only item he has listed that has such unusually high bidding....

maybe i'm alone in my opinion , but it simply looks like a case of two people who REALLY want THAT card - and want it NOW - regardless of the cost.....bidding wars happen - even on things that one would not necessarily expect....

I gotta agree with cmcjr99. Just hope that another one comes up on the bay and hope that the guy that loses this auction doesn't notice.
-Casey

There's 25 of them and it's out of a new, semi-popular product. I have seen a lot of Griffey stuff go for obscene amounts. There will be others. Just wait it out.

I don't think its shilling either..............Staggering price for a dual GU card though..................Like MrBlackisBack said, there will be others I'm sure................Mike

it is a nice card though.. but not worth $500 IMO.. id rather buy 2 autos of both players!

I agree looks like to Griffey collector's duking it out...some people just have too much spare change...And...DK...the high bidder is at 2316 feedback...I assume he'll pay.

The auction had 566 views so lots of interest. I think the buyer really overpaid on this auction. JMHO

The auction had 566 views so lots of interest. I think the buyer really overpaid on this auction. JMHO

i bet a lot of those views came from people checking it out due to this thread (and possible similar threads on other sites).....

and though this example is VERY extreme , it demonstrates why i very seldom chase a new card on ebay when the product first comes out....granted with ultra low print run cards you don't have the same luxury , but in general , most things will be seen again and often will sell for significantly less than the first few....

I agree looks like to Griffey collector's duking it out...some people just have too much spare change...And...DK...the high bidder is at 2316 feedback...I assume he'll pay.

I don't think so......He'll come up with an excuse...my son used my password ....I entered only $55.00 and accidently entered $550.00. Best regards, David

He'll come up with an excuse...I entered only $55.00 and accidently entered $550.00.

i doubt that excuse would hold much merit since he actually RAISED his maximum bid 5 times in the final 13 hours of the listing when he was already the high bidder.....pretty much tells me he was going out of his way to make sure the other person didn't edge him out in the end...

most people would agree that is far too much for that card , but i think he honors the bid....

That's just dumb. $500 for a dual GU? I'd have a hard time spending $500 on any card, let alone a dual GU #ed to 25. It's not a Ruth/Wagner GU. It's 2 modern-day players who will be in the HOF, but you can find GU stuff for both all over the place.

Something isn't right, it's either the buyer's head or 2 bidders going crazy together, but I have no clue why that would sell that high. The buyer has 2,100 transactions and has 100% feedback. Looks legit, but still may be something weird. Wow.....

John

Last edited:
i would pay $15 for that lol.

I think some people have more money than sense...that is not even "that" great looking.

Wow, like someone else said you could get a Ruth GU card for that price, probably with some $ left over for a Williams jersey and a nice Ryan auto!!