Why is this Randy card $500+??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I suspect a bidding war between a Griffey collector and another Griffey collector or big M's fan.

Also check this out (Griffey/Ozzie Smith dual bat)...item # 370268280903
at $86 with over 2 days left. Doubt it'll fetch $500+ but might get a few more high bids.

Two people bid a card up, what's the big deal? Is there this much disbelief when members here bust a case that cost as much as some decent family vacations? Look at what people pay for PSA 10's and tell me how that makes any more sense. People spend their money as they see fit. If they've got it to spend, more power to them.

Two people bid a card up, what's the big deal? Is there this much disbelief when members here bust a case that cost as much as some decent family vacations? Look at what people pay for PSA 10's and tell me how that makes any more sense. People spend their money as they see fit. If they've got it to spend, more power to them.

Idk it's just something to think about. You don't even know if they have the money to spend. Maybe one guy bid that much, got carried away, and can't pay for it? We don't know. Were analyzing the situation, in reality unless we talk to these people we won't know, but it's fun talking about it. That's the big deal in my opinion.

i bet a lot of those views came from people checking it out due to this thread (and possible similar threads on other sites).....

I actually saw this card in a thread on another site. It was already at $500 though... so I think you're right, once it got so high it started getting a ton of views.

Randy is in the old Seattle hat :)

Highly doubt that's why it closed at such a high price though

Somebody actually mentioned that in that other thread I was speaking of... I guess Randy doesn't have many GU Mariners cards. :confused:

That is why one or BOTH of the bidders should use a sniper program or last second bid...this shows your interest in the card WAY TOO early.

Regardless, there are 24 more, so it should be much more affordable as each one appears.

No reply so far from my inquiry....Best regards, David

i would not expect an answer to such an inquiry.....at least i know that i would never divulge such info to someone who was not involved in the auction in the first place....in fact , the only questions i would answer would be while the listing was live - more specifically , PERTINENT questions (ie , condition , specific serial number , alternate shipping methods , etc)....anything else would seem too fishy and would get trashed and in some cases would earn the nosy inquisitor a block...you bid , you win , you pay , you know...otherwise , it's really no one else's business.....just my 2 cents.....

i would not expect an answer to such an inquiry.....at least i know that i would never divulge such info to someone who was not involved in the auction in the first place....in fact , the only questions i would answer would be while the listing was live - more specifically , PERTINENT questions (ie , condition , specific serial number , alternate shipping methods , etc)....anything else would seem too fishy and would get trashed and in some cases would earn the nosy inquisitor a block...you bid , you win , you pay , you know...otherwise , it's really no one else's business.....just my 2 cents.....

Not worry about any of the things you listed....My ebay is 100% positive and I'm always nice and polite in my inquiries.....unlike others!! David

Last edited:
Not worry about any of the things you listed....My ebay is 100% positive and I'm always nice and polite in my inquiries.....unlike others!! David

but that's irrelevant....politeness does not automatically excuse nosiness....it really doesn't matter if you are nice or polite , frankly it is still not your business whether he collected ....perhaps he did , didn't plan to report the income , and has no desire to provide extra evidence to unknown sources who randomly choose to ask .... i don't care how politely someone outside the transaction (HUGE key factor there) asks , it is 100% none of their business if my buyer paid me and as such i would still never answer any such inquiry....most people i know would agree that merely divulging whether a certain buyer paid or not has more potential harmful ramifications than good possible outcomes....it just reeks of a scammer trying to garner any info he can....

I would be happy if I opened a pack of ballpark this wknd and pulled the randy/griffey card cards lol. maybe the price of this product just went up

but that's irrelevant....politeness does not automatically excuse nosiness....it really doesn't matter if you are nice or polite , frankly it is still not your business whether he collected ....perhaps he did , didn't plan to report the income , and has no desire to provide extra evidence to unknown sources who randomly choose to ask .... i don't care how politely someone outside the transaction (HUGE key factor there) asks , it is 100% none of their business if my buyer paid me and as such i would still never answer any such inquiry....most people i know would agree that merely divulging whether a certain buyer paid or not has more potential harmful ramifications than good possible outcomes....it just reeks of a scammer trying to garner any info he can....

Seems a bit paranoid to me. If somebody asked you if a buyer had paid for a certain item that would seem like a scam to you? Maybe I'm missing something, feel free to explain...

So, the second one has officially ended on ebay. #01/25 sold for a mere $89.09! Pretty strange stuff going on as well, the guy who was willing to pay $508.88 for the first one didn't even bid on #01/25.

http://cgi.ebay.com/09-BALLPARK-Ken...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item4ceb7386db

Could be bitter rivals on ebay! If they collector a certain player, they could be bumping heads quite a bit on ebay. The loser could decide to bid like crazy....so the other collection has to pay quite a bit for the item.....Using a system to place your bid at the last second is a good idea for the winner of this item.... Best regards, David PS or it could be someone who knows how a certain collector bids.....that why using the above system or to change your bidding habits is a good idea.