Worst Trade you ever made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
This one is kind of a sore spot for me... In 1985 my brothers best friend went on a rampage and bought tons of 85 Topps was well on to his way to a set but couldn't find a Dave Collins for more than a year.

Fast forward to feb of 86 and it was my turn and determined not to have the same thing happen to me. Thinking that the 86 set would be as good as the 85 I set my sights on completing the whole set. Guess I should have tried to get the donruss or fleer, but with only one LCS in town I could not really afford that on a 15 dollar a month allowance. Anyway got it down to a few cards by the end of the season and only needed two or three by christmas. One of my buddies, found the last card I needed (Yankees SS Andre Robertson) and put the screws to my I gave up my 82 fleer Cal Ripken Rookie for a worthless card from a worthless set.

A Couple of years later I got revenge when I traded him a 85 donruss Orel Hershiser Rookie for the entire 88 Topps Traded set. (Which was hot at the time due to the Olympic Team and Alomar and others.

I traded a mantle gu #ed/100 for a ripken auto #ed/75 not too bad...

but new and desperate for trades i traded the ripken auto for a ozzie smith auto/gu #ed/25... not realizing and taking onto consideration ozzie smith has little value compared to mantle and ripken

1968 Mickey Mantle for about 2000 Commons.
At the time I was building sets and looking for trade bait. I kick myself now but what can you do.
Doug

Back in early 1990 I won a complete 1987 Donruss Opening Day set as a door prize at a card show. That night I traded it to my friend Gabriel for his pretty ****** condition 1985 Topps Eric Davis RC and a few other really cheap cards. It was a bad deal even at the time, and the current BV's are $40 for the set and $2 for a nice condition Davis RC. At least the set didn't have the rare $300 Bonds error in it (we opened it to check first).

Richard

Back in around early 2003, I traded a 2002 Bowman Heritage Albert Pujols Auto. I don't even remember exactly what I got back. I know there were a couple of Piazza GU'd involved and some SP set needs. The Pujols was BV $100 at the time. It's $350 now.

I wish I could get that one back.

Back in 2006 I traded a 2006 bowman draft evan longoria auto RC for a 2005 bowman draft auto Ryan Zimmerman RC....It seemed like a great deal at the time!

Back in 2006 I traded a 2006 bowman draft evan longoria auto RC for a 2005 bowman draft auto Ryan Zimmerman RC....It seemed like a great deal at the time!

I remember that trade strangely enough.

My worst trade was probably on here. Traded a Mark Prior Sweet Spot auto and a couple other cards for a Mantle variant/99(I think origins red). At the time it was a horrible trade, I ended up trading the Mantle for about $40 in Griffeys.

About 25 years ago I traded a stack of about 50 high end cards, including a Mantle 1958 all star and a high number 1972 Rod Carew, for a stack of Beatles vinyl bootlegs and singles.

I bought all of my uncle's cards (baseball and football) in 2002 for about $400 which was a steal considering every card he had was autographed or game used. The bulk was football - about 75% - which had several Peyton Manning and Tom Brady cards. The problem was that I did not know a thing about football prices. At the time I did not have any extra money because it was over the Christmas holiday and I just dropped all of my free cash on the cards so I went to a local card shop to charge a football beckett (in retrospect that is crazy for me to think I would do that). Anyway, long story short, I traded two, count that two, 2001 UD Albert Pujols RCs for the beckett so that I could sell all of the cards on ebay. I beat myself to this day.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors