Worth the money?

brazin

5.00 star(s)
If they're all that full, I'd probably drop $100 on that.
I though so too! I figure thats near 100,000 cards for 100.00 dollars.
thats like 1000 cards per dollar or 100 cards per ten cents or 10 cards
per penny. not including the 25 boxes that can be reused.
thats insane.

theplasticman

5.00 star(s)
Seems like it'll just be commons. I have 15,000 cards here I can't even give away much less get $$ for them :cool:

avstars

5.00 star(s)
If they're all full, you can drop $100 on one box and it would be worth it. So yea, $100 on those boxes is worth it.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Probably a ton of the 1990 cards that were mass producted so they worthless....Best regards, David

chaddie84

5.00 star(s)
Depends on two things:
1. Do you enjoy looking through that stuff?
2. If you're married....is it OK buying and filling your place with 100,000 baseball cards (my wife might shoot me...or help me sort it all out).

If yes to both, then go for it!

Side note: I'm guessing there's plenty of good cards for TTMs in there too!

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Doesn't sound very promising to me. "mostly commons and many duplicates" would keep me away. Look at the years/brands of the cards. The seller has basically told you there's nothing worth anything here. But, if you have a plan for those kinds of cards go for it.

tglg

5.00 star(s)
Anyone know the R value of the cardboard? I am thinking that is cheaper than buying the insulation. Or even cheaper than those starter logs for the fireplace.

brazin

5.00 star(s)
If it was Topps instead of Donruss I probably wouldve inquired about it.
I liked the lot till I saw all the years of Donruss. I got OCD at times and
that wouldnt coincide with that many cards.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I don't like writing on my storage boxes, unless I put it there, and then it's pencil. However, the 25 empty boxes new, you'd probably spend close to if not more than $100 right there. I want to say the 3200's sell for $4 and the 5Ks sell for around $5 each. Now consider the boxes are used and written on, but if that doesn't matter, it's probably worth it if you can use the boxes.

Going through the boxes, especially if the seller is spot on with the description, could be tedious. However, there is a sliver of a chance there are some gems hiding within as well.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
At the flea markets I've been to, you could have taken that lot and sold 1000 cards for $5 a pop and make a nice profit.

Sponsors