You Gotta check out COMC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I very seldom make offers on cards I'm buying either as it's not too hard to find the cards I want priced reasonably, but I suppose it depends on what you're buying.

On the flip side, my prices don't have a lot of room for negotiation - I list it with pretty much my best price. I would say I have rejected about 75% of the offers I have received. But the classifieds are littered with sellers offering to accept offers at 50% of list price, and I've come across too many cards that are way overpriced to assume it is anything other than a strategy to work off of offers received.

I think we're on the same wavelength. I don't think I'd make an offer on a card that was already deeply discounted or was the least expensive of its kind. I am thinking that I'd consider making a respectable offer on a card that wasn't discounted much.

thanks guys for your responses, i appreciate them all.

im torn because as a seller, it sucks, just very hard to make any money, heck at this point id be happy just to break even. as a buyer, it is GREAT! im almost to the point of just being happy to get "whatever" i can get for my cards and then use that money to buy cards that i really need for my PC.

My experience has been that I can pick up some great cards I need at a decent price. There's alot of other stuff on the site I need where the seller wants 80-100% of book, those I just pass by. If the price is in the top end of the range of what I would pay, I make an offer to see if I can get it in the lower end of my range. This has been pretty effective, although some people do counter back with only $0.05 off their price for a card with an asking price of $5. Those people get added to my list of people I don't bother with...

The best part to me is to read some of the ads and port sales. Some people say they will give you a great deal on their port, 50% off their price. When you look at their sales prices they are 100% of book. They must be smoking something if they think they can find someone who is willing to buy EVERYTHING they have at 50% of book...some people are delusional about what their cards are really worth.

in YOUR opinion is it even worth it to send in topps commons from 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1985? not sure what else i am going to do with these cards? also, 1986 and 1987 topps

I would say no, but there are a lot of even less valuable commons on the site already, and more being added every day. I guess if you can make enough off the high dollar cards that losing a bit on the commons isn't a big deal, then it might be worth it.

in YOUR opinion is it even worth it to send in topps commons from 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1985? not sure what else i am going to do with these cards? also, 1986 and 1987 topps

No - I would spend the $0.20 it costs to get them on the site in hopes that you might sell them for maybe $0.20. It would be more cost effective to use them in the fire place as kindling than to shell out hundreds of dollars to list them on the site.

Thanks,

Craig

The only downside to selling on COMC is the cash-out fee. If you sell $500 worth of your cards on your account, they will send you $400 and keep the other 20%. That is a bit high for me, so I haven't started selling yet. You can however, take the 500 and spend it on other cards on the site without fees aside from shipping to you. You can get gift cards to blowout cards (for wax/cases) at a discount between the cash out fee and no cost.

From a buyers perspective, it's great. You can buy cards and they will hold them indefinitely. I usually build up a decent sized lot, then ship the whole lot at once (bulk shipping has worked well so far, no condition issues)

Once they finally get their act together and allow for au/gu specific searches, I will be more excited as well.

The cash out on selling is murder, you are correct! Selling isn't too bad especially if you can unload before the storage fees kick in! And hey you can accumulate some cash and buy cards that you actually want. However my experience BUYING is that now I have 203 cards which I want and they want me to pony up $35.00 for shipping. That is tough to swallow...

The cash out on selling is murder, you are correct! Selling isn't too bad especially if you can unload before the storage fees kick in! And hey you can accumulate some cash and buy cards that you actually want. However my experience BUYING is that now I have 203 cards which I want and they want me to pony up $35.00 for shipping. That is tough to swallow...

I agree with you there. The shipping prices are great when comparing to buying 5-10 singles from different buyers on eBay, but terrible if you want to have a 100+ card lot shipped to you.

Regarding fees. I usually recycle my money into the site on singles or processing more cards. When I do "cash out", it's usually not for Paypal, but rather Blowout gift cards :D.

-Chad

In my extremely humble opinion, I like having 1987-ish commons on COMC and will buy them at a profit to the seller, but it does seem as though it's easier and cheaper to buy lots of cheap commons in a lot on sportslots or other sites. As so many have said, it's a tossup and it isn't.

In my extremely humble opinion, I like having 1987-ish commons on COMC and will buy them at a profit to the seller, but it does seem as though it's easier and cheaper to buy lots of cheap commons in a lot on sportslots or other sites. As so many have said, it's a tossup and it isn't.

IMHO

• Sportslots is for selling commons which sell for $0.05 to $0.50 a card.
  • COMC is for selling inserts, SPs, low-end GU which sell for $0.50 to $10 a card, or possibly higher.
  • eBay is for selling high-end, or one-of-a-kind items.

I personally sell on COMC and eBay. Anything not worth processing fees at COMC end up at my LCS in grab bags :D.

-Chad

Thanks to a tip by Stein...landed 5 ysl that the bench needed. Best regards, David

Nice work! I searched the site for YSL needs about a year back and had no luck, then again, sellers are adding more cards there all the time. It's probably worth checking back every few months. -Chad