08 Heroes case break discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The hits are in the Draft thread. I don't know where the last 3 vids are.

OK I got the draft thread and it is getting close to me. Is this the list
of what was pulled?
AUTO'd JSY (32)
Matt Kemp # 23/75
Matt Kemp 16/50
Victor Martinez 25/50
Victor Martinez 12/50
Nick Markakis 28/50
Tom Gorzelanny 6/10
Tom Gorzelanny 28/50
Tom Gorzelanny 13/75
Derrek Lee 3/10 (small nic on the bottom edge)
Kelly Johnson 46/75
Edison Volquez 21/50
Joe Blanton 44/75
Chad Billingsley 18/50
Kevin Kouzmanhoff 45/50
Josh Willingham 45/75
Jeff Francis 2/5
Matt Cain 3/75
Chone Figgins 56/75

PATCHES (4)
Roy Oswalt 5/25 (3 color) small crease on top left of swatch
Corey Hart 6/25 (3 color)
Adam Dunn 10/25 (1 color) small crease on top and bottom left of swatch

JSY (2)
Scott Kazmir 44/125
Jon Lester 7/25

that is the list of what is left. Pete is removing the ones that have been picked by others so that there is no confusion on what is available.

Good luck.

Unbeliavable how lucky the spots in the 20's wound up being, still having shots at auto/gu /10 or less and some vmarts, and then get early team picks. Im thinking 2nd round should have choice of hit or team, but it dosen't seem its gonna work out that way.

Unbeliavable how lucky the spots in the 20's wound up being, still having shots at auto/gu /10 or less and some vmarts, and then get early team picks. Im thinking 2nd round should have choice of hit or team, but it dosen't seem its gonna work out that way.

Agreed. It's amazing how deep this case was. Very top-heavy with the Jeters and Griffey, but I think everyone will walk away with something nice. The real late picks will walk away with more like 2-3 nice pickups...there's stuff at 20 left which could have easily been taken in the early teens IMO. That's what's fun with these kinds of drafts. I went with the money on my first pick, but my second pick is just because I loved the patch, the best looking card in the case IMO. I'm having almost as much fun following the draft as I am the break itself.

Was there a YSL GU card in the case. ALso was there a purple insert.

Nope, or it would have been listed. Very odd case, but more pros than cons in this case with the errors :). Just one purple. I believe it was multiplayer, but I don't remember of who.

I agree. It's been fun to guess what will be picked and then watch people's actual picks. Figured the Griffey would go first but everyone seems to have a neat strategy.

It was fisk/yaz red sox card 8/20 or atleast thats what I made out through the blur.

So how is the second round going to work? I have the 27th pick and will have one shortly after that. So I'll need to pick a team instead of remaining hits? I guess if I want one of the hits, I'll just have to ask for that team?

Any input?

Thanks,
John

It's not what I'd prefer with such large hits remainig, but looks like that was plan.

I got a few emails from people saying the Lester has been chosen already.

I chose the GU non auto Lester #/25 located in the GU hits.

I'm working on getting a list of team lots with the amount of inserts for each lot. This will be posted before the 2nd round of drafting begins.

YES, it looks like there will be some HITS in the team lots but, someone who had a top 5 pick can't complain because in this particular CASE those top 5 cards value outweigh someone getting multiple lowend hits. These were the rules before we opened the case and until it's opened no one knows what we end up with. WE GOT EXTREMELY LUCKY :)