08 Heroes case break discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm working on getting a list of team lots with the amount of inserts for each lot. This will be posted before the 2nd round of drafting begins.

YES, it looks like there will be some HITS in the team lots but, someone who had a top 5 pick can't complain because in this particular CASE those top 5 cards value outweigh someone getting multiple lowend hits. These were the rules before we opened the case and until it's opened no one knows what we end up with. WE GOT EXTREMELY LUCKY :)

I agree, this was a great break and we should all be very happy!

I'm certainally not complaining with my /5 auto/gu with 16th pick, never thought I'd pass on a vmart going in. Just saying, pick 30 can get 4 GU/auto's now because the same player has so many hits untaken. Stilll dosen't equal a Jeter, but it's a darn good score!! I knew going in what the rules were, I drew an awful spot, still came out with a real decent card and I'll have some medicore teams serialed #'ed cards next round. Thats the luck of the draw.

Picks 1-29 have been taken. My guess is that pick 30 will get 3 Gorzy Autos and the Volquez (maybe the Figgins).

possible. problem with gorzy is you can't get rid of him. I have had my 2 one #/5 since my second case and NO ONE want's him.

I would think there would be more actual value in some of the team serial-numbered cards than the Gorzelannys. I don't know for sure, just guessing. But it would be hard to pass up 3 gu autos. I just hope a certain team is still available, given there are 3-4 fans of that team ahead of me.
Come on Blue Jays!!!!

Also, are we still doing Random.org for the multiple team serial-numbered cards?

Last edited:
possible. problem with gorzy is you can't get rid of him. I have had my 2 one #/5 since my second case and NO ONE want's him.

You're probably right. Kind of neat, though, it's pretty much most of the Jsy/Auto rainbow right there. Add in your /5 and it's almost complete! :D

Yankees or Red Sox probably trump the three hits value-wise, but I personally would rather have the Jsy/Autos. It will be interesting either way.

Now that ArodYanksFan has made the last pic, when does the 2nd round start?

I know Peter's busy, so I'm not trying to rush anything, just wondering what the timeline is going to be. I know there are a lot more cards to go through for the second round. Has any time been set?

John

Mechjo16, I think you got the best team lot with those Reds. Nobody was really talking about them (though I'll bet several were thinking about them).

Mechjo16, I think you got the best team lot with those Reds. Nobody was really talking about them (though I'll bet several were thinking about them).

The Reds were my first pick, then the Red Sox. They were both taken right before me. I agree, the Reds was the best remaining pick with the hits and Griffey, Bench, etc..

I had to take the Pirates. Nothing else really made sense after my first 2 picks were gone. I can't complain when I got 4 GU/autos with the 27th & 34th picks.

John

Prior to seeing the list, the Reds were'nt really on my radar. I guess I didn't realize that Dunn was on the Reds for that patch card. If the reds were still there, I would have taken them instead. Since they were not, I had ti take the Red Sox to get the purple case hit. Sorry about that John!

The Reds were my first pick, then the Red Sox. They were both taken right before me. I agree, the Reds was the best remaining pick with the hits and Griffey, Bench, etc..

I had to take the Pirates. Nothing else really made sense after my first 2 picks were gone. I can't complain when I got 4 GU/autos with the 27th & 34th picks.

John

That is seriously a nice haul for picking in your slots in a case break.

Yeah, I wanted the tiger's but there were only 3 inserts. Wasn't really concerned about the base seeing I have 15 sets and god knows how many dups already.

I was thinking red sox's for the purple but decided to go reds. I figured that was the best thing to dofor being so far down in the order

Prior to seeing the list, the Reds were'nt really on my radar. I guess I didn't realize that Dunn was on the Reds for that patch card. If the reds were still there, I would have taken them instead. Since they were not, I had ti take the Red Sox to get the purple case hit. Sorry about that John!

No apology needed at all. Just giving you a hard time. I think that was a very smart pick! Some of those purples sell real well. Congrats on your picks!

John

And yes, one of serieled #'s was a clemete!!

Yes! That's good to know! Thanks for the info!

John

That is seriously a nice haul for picking in your slots in a case break.

No complaints here. I'm just now the biggest Francis & Gorzelanny fan in the world!

Francis was 2/5 and one of the Gorzelannys was /10. Honestly, I like the green and dark blue too.

John

Hey Guys -
I know I'm on the clock, but with no obvious choice am trying to find out what some of the inserts are. Were there any Pujols or Ripken inserts? Who are the low #'d Dodgers and Braves?

Sorry it is taking so long, but want to get the best value at this pick.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online