1,000th Paul O'Neill card milestone plus white whale speared

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I recently passed the 1,000 mark for the collection, completing my major collecting goal for the year. Thru this week I am up to 1,004 leaving me with exactly 300 more cards on the want list.

Some recent O'Neill mail....

1996 Studio Silver Press Proofs /100 (#999)
96studio.jpg

2005 Absolute Memoribilia Team Quads Spectrum /100 (#1,000)
Thanks to Kevin ( KevinNYYLundqvistFan) for working out a deal for these card over on the trading forums.

img196.jpg
img195.jpg

2004 Topps Originals Autographs 1990 #/18 (#1,001)
90topps.jpg

1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof (#1,002)
img203.jpg

2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Leather Bound (#1,003)
A great present from my MT Secret Santa, my #1 wanted GU card. Thanks again Mr. Claus!
goldglove.jpg

and #1,004, the white whale....

2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Autographs Rainbow PO #ed/10

I can't believe this card FINALLY popped up, I have been waiting 5 years just to see what one even looks like. Hit the BIN almost immediately, paid a tad more than I would have liked but I knew how high others were willing to go. I could probably list it right now for triple what I paid and probably have a buyer. I have always been a big fan of the ATFF sets and I can't express how stoked I am to land this.

img204.jpgimg205.jpg

Updated collection stats:
Currently at 77%, my goal for 2011 is to reach 80%, which is in the vicinity of 1045 cards.

decade.jpg

year.jpg

Wicked, truly wicked collection.

I type the following as sheer force of habit . . .

(you certainly don't need the cheerleading or initiative)
Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Thank you guys! It has been a lot of fun building the collection, I hope to keep adding to it as I can.

Excellent additions. Some super tough cards especially the Studio Silver. I just sold an extra of that issue I had for a particular player for $100

Congrats Ravi! I had never seen that ATFF Rainbow before either. Wow, this makes me want to start collecting him again...

-John

Great collection, and you picked a great guy to collect, what a warrior Paul O'Neil was, the heart of those great Yankee teams.

theplasticman - Congrats on the sale, fortunately I got my Studio Silver for a lot less than that.

basebal1fan - Thanks!

dabigbenchman - Thanks, means a lot coming from another Yankee collector. I feel the same way about O'Neill. People often say it was Jeter but they forget that he only became captain after O'Neill retired in 2001.

seawolf17 - Thanks! Hope you land one of McReynolds, will keep an eye out for you.

TheDogHollerer - Thank you!

Thanks again guys.

congrats in getting to 1004 how about card 1005? i have this if your intrested.

2008UpperDeckYankeeStadiumLegacyCollectionMemorabiliaONPaulONeill.jpg

dave