15 Nov - One return and one letter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMBfan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
After a 12 day drought, today brought Pat Neshek c/o home in about 1 month. I already have Pat in my collection but needed him on a custom photo that I did.

Also, I received a letter from Frank Thomas, who played for the Pirates/Cubs/Reds/Mets/Phillies/Astros/Braves in the 1950s/1960's. I've been pen-palling with him for some time now. He is having hip surgery tomorrow. If you have a spare moment, please write to him to wish him a speedy recovery, as he is 81 years young, has been a great friend to the hobby, and would appreciate the letters.

Frank Thomas is a very good guy. A few years ago, we invited him to speak with us at the Crane Pool Forum, a Mets board I moderate; he graciously answered all sorts of questions for us.

Very cool, I will write to Mr. Thomas and wish him the best. Can you give me Pat Nesheks address? Thanks,

Pat's website always lists the address to which you can send him requests: www.patneshek.com

Congrats, you happen to have a custom of Frank? :)

I have several. All of the customs that I make are a 4x6 photo size, but I suppose that you could make it the size of a baseball card if you wanted to. I have at least one custom photo for each team he played for except the Phillies. Most teams I have more than one. LMK if you are interested in any.

I think that is awesome that you are pen-palling with him. It is always nice to hear stories from athletes who communicate with their fans. Wishing him a very speedy recovery!

Congrats on your pick up as well

Pat's website always lists the address to which you can send him requests: www.patneshek.com

I have several. All of the customs that I make are a 4x6 photo size, but I suppose that you could make it the size of a baseball card if you wanted to. I have at least one custom photo for each team he played for except the Phillies. Most teams I have more than one. LMK if you are interested in any.

Thanks for the info!

Congrats
Nice pick up
Job well done
Frank Thomas always gave autos when he played with the Pirates never would turn anyone away. I believe he still lives in the Pgh area.
Chief

Congrats
Nice pick up
Job well done
Frank Thomas always gave autos when he played with the Pirates never would turn anyone away. I believe he still lives in the Pgh area.
Chief

He likes to tell the story of when he was a kid trying to get autographs at Forbes Field and remembering what it was like to be snubbed by players that he looked up to. He always remembered this and it is the reason that he will never say no to an autograph request. He does still live in the Pittsburgh area and attends at least 5-10 Pirates' games a year. A great guy with some great stories.