2009 UD Buyback question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

They have a "20th Anniversary" foil stamp in the bottom left corner. Search "2009 upper deck buyback" on eBay, and a whole bunch come up already.

!BS0qRHgBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1)bDiBKFH50vnmg~~_1.jpg

If they made the entire set this way, I would bet the print runs on each are very low (20 or so?).........

Tim

Last edited:
I'd think the run would have to be low. Just at a glance, I saw two copies of the Lance McCullers up on eBay, so there are at least two of every card out there.

Cool! I believe that will be the 1st Andre Dawson card of 2009! I hope the print run isn't REAL low. Has anyone heard a print run or odds per pack on these?

Thanks
Craig

If the Griffey auto in the buyback set has a print run of 89, I'm guessing the base set is exactly that, if not bigger.

i dont know if people just are not listing them because the 89 UD's are not that hard to come by and if you don't get a Jr. they might get tossed in the junk pile...or if they are rare...but you would figure there would be a lot more of these floating around by now?

i dont know if people just are not listing them because the 89 UD's are not that hard to come by and if you don't get a Jr. they might get tossed in the junk pile...or if they are rare...but you would figure there would be a lot more of these floating around by now?

I think you are right. I'm guessing the bigger dealers, pack busters, box breakers - whatever you want to call them - will put most of these buybacks into lots.

Tim

EDIT: I also see that some of the buybacks are not 89 UD. Some dealers are listing 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers GU as Buybacks. So..........this leads me to believe the '89 cards are big-time SP's.

Tim

Alright, I snagged a Meulens (along with a Bill Schroeder...do we have any huge Schroeder collectors here?) now I just need to track down the Matt Williams, Dave Winfield, Dave Henderson, Roberto Kelly and Jim Presley!