2011 topps no name football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudcatmike

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Not sure where this should go so putting it here. Anyone have info on topps football cards with no name on the front. I bought an 11 pack box at target and got 3 of them. I found another Smith mentioned but thats all.

noname2011.jpg

Are there any indentations on the front of the card (like they have been stamped without foil?) Either way, I think they are going to be printing errors. Being RC's, however, you may be able to put them on the bay and sell for a nice profit. Would be a neat novelty item to the player collectors!

Tim

Since the player's position, (which should be at the bottom and is also in foil) isn't there either, I would say, as Tim suggested, that it's a printing error.
If Topps was issuing variations, they probably wouldn't have left off the position too.
Got to be worth something to someone though!

If you hold the card at an angle you can see the impression for their name. Did find a couple listed on ebay (one at $75 trying to compare it to the Frank Thomas NNO) but curious if it is a "common" error or relatively "rare". I plan on holding onto them.

This gives me three Torrey Smith versions as I got both variations as well as this no namer.

If you hold the card at an angle you can see the impression for their name. Did find a couple listed on ebay (one at $75 trying to compare it to the Frank Thomas NNO) but curious if it is a "common" error or relatively "rare". I plan on holding onto them.

This gives me three Torrey Smith versions as I got both variations as well as this no namer.

If you're considering whether to sell or not I'd say SELL. Whether rare or not you'd be in on the ground floor and if they become known to be commons (like the Jeter?/George Bush card) you can pick one up cheap later on.

Tonight I bought a couple packs of Topps 2011 NFL cards and it had 6 rookie cards with no foil on front. No name, no position, no topps logo. Wondering as well if this is rare or common error. One is Cam Newton #200 card. Would like to hear what you guys think and if others are finding these as well. I have a photo but not sure how to post it yet.

mattdpics

This sort of thing happens so often (printing errors), I sometimes think topps does it on purpose...any publicity is good publicity, right ?, LOL. I would think that these have some value to the player/team collectors out there, but probably not a big score.

Depending on the player, it could be worth something to a player collector. These errors although "rare" don't command much interest unless there are die hard player collectors want them.