2014 Pick the Winner of the World Series Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi Zach,

Just curious - what happens if Arizona, Pittsburgh, Chicago (NL), Cincinnati, Oakland, Texas or Tampa win the World Series? They are not listed in either field pick nor did anyone pick them outright.

Thanks,

Jay

If the Royals or the Giants don't win this, I'm rooting for the Orioles so that Zach can win for all of the years he's held this contest.

Last edited:
AND! We were down to 4!
As a life long Orioles fan, seeing the Orioles in the ALCS makes me question reality.
Hopefully they have enough to win 8 more games!
But! Those pesky Royals look tough! Either way, one of these teams will make the WS for the first time in 29 or 31 years!

St Louis and Giants have won spots into the NLCS. Who do you all think will win?
They've both won 2 WS in the last 8 years.. Can anyone stop them from the American League!?

I am sorry but I have to root for the Cardinals. I also noticed that jaybo has the Giants and the AL field pick so if it is the Giants/Royals he is looking pretty good.

Jay, well, early congratulations! You've won at least 50% of the pot. If the Royals win, you have to share with David. If they don't, well, you'll get the full package.

Good luck to you both!

I see Giants 4-2 in this series. Although no series has gone longer than 5 games. I take it the Royals have a massive HANG-OOOOOver from playing too much small ball against Baltimore.

Zack,

Thanks again for the contest. Believe it or not, I was hoping that the Orioles would've won. I'm routing for the Royals because of their generation of being a doormat. However, I do see the Giants winning in 5.

Jay

Well, with the Giants winning this year, in dramatic fashion (Thank You Gregor Blanco, for your 'almost' worst defensive blunder you could've made...) I congratulate Jay for winning Year #10..

Please pm me your address, and I'll send you the entire pot.

As for me, I don't stay active anymore here on the boards, and don't really collect all too much of anything anymore, but, I will post the 2015 Contest next year if the activity continues. Please check back around January 4, 2015 for next years contest.

I am also thinking about making a separate contest or dropping this idea for a Playoff Portion or reshaping the entire season format when it comes time. ie, a 2nd contest where it's a complete random draw, I theoretically get 90 cards (3 for each team), and use a random generator to place you in each spot... that way everyone would share the pot 33%/33%/33% that wins with their team, and leave out the Field Picks. I would be open to altering the amount of picks you could have if the draw for this is less, or even decreasing the number of picks to be made if 75-90 people were interested...
Things that are going through my head for next years contest.. Please, this years participants, participants in years past, and fellow bench members, if you have ideas or if you think a poll is needed to either do-away with this format I'm currently doing, or change it to the one mentioned, or one that has not been thought up, please, leave your feedback! I want to make this fun for everyone, and continue the contest, yearly.

Thank You All for supporting the contest every year!
Zach

Last edited:
Zach,

Stopped by the PO today and picked up the cards.

Thanks again for holding this contest every year.

Jay