AFC Playoff Nostalgia Contest! **CONTEST IS OVER WINNER IS SCOTTZOE!! CONGRATS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello all,

January 19th, 2001 was the date of the Patriots beating the Raiders in the "Tuck Rule Game" when Adam Vinatieri kicked two field goals, one in regulation to tie and one in OT to win for the Patriots.

I remember this game well, and in honor of the date, I am running a contest to give away an Adam Vinatieri custom cut autograph card of my own design (photo is a little blurry, card looks WAY better in real life)!

My usual rules: open to all members, one guess per member per day, 1-100 are the numbers. Contest will close on 1.19.17!

My last contest featured some great trivia and fun sports nostalgia, so if you have anything to add along with your guess, please do so! It makes running contests a lot more fun than just listing numbers in a post!

Thanks for playing!

God Bless,

Kevin

Last edited:
I do remember shoveling out the driveway during a huge snowstorm during that game. if memory serves that game was played ina snowstorm too............the same one I was shoveling out of.

I'll guess 60 in honor of the inaugural year for both the BOSTON Patriots and the Raiders in the AFL. I used to just love the AFL as a kid!

You wonder if that play was called a fumble how the legacy of the Patriots, Belicheck and Brady may have been different as that fumble would have ended the Pats quest for what ended up being their first Super Bowl win.

I do remember shoveling out the driveway during a huge snowstorm during that game. if memory serves that game was played ina snowstorm too............the same one I was shoveling out of.

I'll guess 60 in honor of the inaugural year for both the BOSTON Patriots and the Raiders in the AFL. I used to just love the AFL as a kid!

You wonder if that play was called a fumble how the legacy of the Patriots, Belicheck and Brady may have been different as that fumble would have ended the Pats quest for what ended up being their first Super Bowl win.

Todays guess - #8. Thanks for the contest.

There are a million questions like that. If the Jets don't knock the snot out of Bledsoe does Brady ever even play that season? Than there are the legacy questions involving all the "incidents" the Pats have had with the league over the years. Everything in life is a what if scenario...

Todays guess - #8. Thanks for the contest.

There are a million questions like that. If the Jets don't knock the snot out of Bledsoe does Brady ever even play that season? Than there are the legacy questions involving all the "incidents" the Pats have had with the league over the years. Everything in life is a what if scenario...

Thanks for starting the dicussion off, Jeff, and for adding, Katester.....I agree, there is so much evolution in sports especially, someone gets hurt and another player steps in, or a random trade of low draft picks takes place, and one becomes a Hall of Famer....makes the games even more fun to follow, just to see who makes it!

Thanks guys!

God bless,

Kevin

Most people probably don't know that the tuck rule was not the first huge controversy involving a Pats vs Raiders playoff game. A roughing the passer call in the 1976 AFC Playoffs that bailed the Raiders out of a 4th and 18 situation with time running out was a HUGE controversy back in the day. THe NFL Network named the call as the 7th most controversial in NFL history. Here is a short explanation of it from the NFL Network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSTdGHFE0M

In 2016 rules that is a roughing the passer call. In 1976 that was called a normal play. As a die hard Chiefs fan back then, this call really ticked me off.

So in honor of Ray "Sugar Bear" Hamilton, who was INNOCENT in addition to being not guilty, I am choosing his jersey # 71.

Thanks for another fun contest!

Symphonic you just made me chuckle lol that game was the first time I ever heard my dad swear. Just pictured it like it was yesterday