After 12 years of looking I finally found an alternative to EBAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I tried to add credit, but I live in Washington. It automatically added sales tax to my total. I have no way of removing that. Why am I paying TAX on a line of credit I will use and get taxed on the purchase too? I live in WA as I said before so when I buy, unless on credit it's different, they add tax to my order. I see this as a way to get double taxed. Maybe there is a solution, but I have never gone forward with adding credit because I don't know for sure.

The s/h tends to get out of hand fast with singles in larger quantities. Even at something like $0.25 per card beyond the basic shipping fee, you get 20 cards and that is $5.00 plus the actual shipping charge. 40 cards and you are out $10+ for shipping! I don't think there is a cap.

Mopar,

I did the same thing, it charged me tax when I added credit, but when I used the credit to buy/ship cards it did not charge any tax. So you are just charged tax the one time.

If you are buying with credit it's more cost-effective to use the "bulk shipping" option on large orders. I used it on a 50-75 card purchase and while the cards are not all penny-sleeved they were shipped securely like all my other orders from them have been.

Richard

The more you are on the site you will also notice they run specials on shipping on a fairly regular basis which can lower the cost quite a bit.

Many people want to bash the shipping charges but I've looked at it this way:

On eBay to get shipping discounts you have to buy from ONE seller and purchase within a few days of your first auction ending.

On COMC you get the combined shipping discounts from 100's of sellers at one time, plus you can wait awhile and put together a large shipment.

These are just my thoughts...

Frank

thanks guys for your posts, frank you said it perfectly. i agree with you 110%. with ebay, if you crunch the numbers, you would pay about the same or more as ebay. COMC has many, many deals on shipping AND you can wait to have your cards all shipped at one time (which is what I do) i really think COMC will become the next great trading card site for buying and selling cards. the more you go on the site, the more you will like it!

Good to know. I may toss some credit on there then and start using the site the way it was designed for. I don't mind paying full asking (which is usually considerably discounted from BV to begin with) if the price is right, but there are some items just begging for a reasonable offer, as the sellers are asking too much in my opinion.

Mopar,

I did the same thing, it charged me tax when I added credit, but when I used the credit to buy/ship cards it did not charge any tax. So you are just charged tax the one time.

If you are buying with credit it's more cost-effective to use the "bulk shipping" option on large orders. I used it on a 50-75 card purchase and while the cards are not all penny-sleeved they were shipped securely like all my other orders from them have been.

Richard

For the people who think their shipping costs are too high, just consider buying 50 cards on ebay, you're looking at $100 easily in postage. at COMC that would be $11 if you used the bulk option. That's the main reason I buy from there is to SAVE on shipping charges! Plus, they run 10 cent shipping specials, which is usually when I cash out my order and have it shipped. I love getting packages from them!

It just depends though. Often I buy from single sellers on ebay and they often have very reasonable combined shipping rates or cap shipping and might have 20-30 items I want. I frequently look at a sellers other listings when I stumble across something, just to see if it would make sense to buy more. I buy from a lot of sellers who let me go anywhere from a week to a couple to combine wins over a few auction runs. They have reasonable shipping prices and caps and in the end, everyone wins. I buy more, they sell more.

I also don't believe you get the bulk option unless you are using credit, so I never had the opportunity to use that, so the s/h was still too expensive for me and the quantity adds up. Not to mention, one more bonus for me being a WA State resident. I get to pay sales tax on the cards I buy from COMC. Add another 10% on top of my order total please!!

For the people who think their shipping costs are too high, just consider buying 50 cards on ebay, you're looking at $100 easily in postage. at COMC that would be $11 if you used the bulk option. That's the main reason I buy from there is to SAVE on shipping charges! Plus, they run 10 cent shipping specials, which is usually when I cash out my order and have it shipped. I love getting packages from them!

Back