and when you thought it couldnt get any worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

After all is said and done --- We're all just jealous because we didn't pull the card and list it. :) :D :)

Is it worth that much -- NO!!
If somebody offered us that much, would we sell it --- YES!!!

Is it worth that much? It is worth whatever it sells for.

Most likely, you will see the card back up for auction in the very near future.

These type of cards are flipped when the price is volatile.

By the way, I am not jealous.

I doubt anyone would have much success flipping a card where they paid over $100,000 to begin with.

I doubt anyone would have much success flipping a card where they paid over $100,000 to begin with.

Why? There were numerous bidders on the card. That shows that there are people out there that want the card.

Once again, the card is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Why? There were numerous bidders on the card. That shows that there are people out there that want the card.

Once again, the card is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Don't disagree that it's only worth what someone will pay for it. But I just don't see the winner of the auction deciding to turn around and flip it shortly after sending off payment of $$,$$$ (I'm not sold that there are legitimate bids over $100,000). Unless he or she sees the auction for the Bowman Chrome superfractor auto in October go over what he/she paid for this one.

Really it's just splitting hairs over the term "flipping". He or she may buy it to get their 15 minutes of fame and then sell it after that, but I don't consider it "flipping". And I don't think "these type of cards" is applicable in this case either because there really isn't anything else like it.

Wow! Over 100k now. I wonder how many of those bids are legit (meaning that the buyers are serious, not that the seller is rigging anything).

Jason

For some unknown reason the seller is not requiring bidders to be pre-approved, so I'm sure many of the high bidders will not follow through. The high bid is going to keep rising with bidders that have not intention of paying.

For some unknown reason the seller is not requiring bidders to be pre-approved, so I'm sure many of the high bidders will not follow through. The high bid is going to keep rising with bidders that have not intention of paying.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Thus, this high value is not exactly a true representation of what somebody will pay for the card.

Unless the winner actually pays.... ;)

Jason

If Jesus came back and suited up for Washington as a pitcher, I could
see paying that much, but Strasburg?!?!
Don't get me wrong, he has mad skills but 100grand. I bet this is a
Joke or theres someone out there w/ more money than brains.

I guess I could have worded my post differently (parts replaced):

"After all is said and done --- I'm (We're all) just envious (jealous) because I (we) didn't pull the card and list it.

Is it worth that much -- NOT TO ME!! (NO!!)
If somebody offered ME (us) that much, would I (we) sell it --- YES!!!"

Sorry if my post offended anyone. That was not my intention.

Gene

Up to $113,000. My dad asked me what I (realistically) would have expected this card to go for. I told him that if I had pulled it, I would have listed it for $20K with a Best Offer option. I would have taken anything above 10K. Boy, would I have missed out!

Tim

113,201.00 and still 4 days to go..
Tim don't feel bad i would have done the same thing i thought it might get to 30 but this is crazy I hope the guy atleast gets paid at the end of this

If I had that kind of money, I would spend it on graded vintage.
I mean think about it.....Strasburg is a great pitcher and all, but
what if he gets injured next game or chokes on a gobstopper.lol
At least with graded vintage, the players have nothing to prove.
Think of it this way- Mickey Mantle '52 Topps.....or Strasburg...well....
Strasburg anything for that matter.

One more thing.
If Strasburg threw a baseball to the moon that card still
won't be worth that kinda money!!

if the high bidder is legit it has to be a celebrity or someone like when gretzky purchased the honus wagner card.

Let's not forget that celebrities aren't the only people with a LOT of money to spend.

Some of the richest people in America are complete nobodies to 99% of us.

As a few others have said, though, I highly doubt the card actually sells for more than $100k.

In auctions such as these, a lot of people get involved, just to get involved. Though some of the high bidders have a TON of feedback, it doesn't mean they are actually going to pay.

I could see it SERIOUSLY settling in and being sold in the $80k range, which is still ridiculous.