Which one do you use?

• Book Value

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Sale Value

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Combination between the two

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I use Beckett as a guide, but not as an absolute. I think both parties know if there is a hot card involved, if so I think both need to be reasonable and even flexible. A trade should work where both parties are happy, if one party doesn't get what they feel is fair consideration they shouldn't be made to feel obligated to trade, even if someone is saying BVs match.

+1

If I'm trading for set needs/inserts/common game used and autos I use the BVs to calculate a fair swap. Works just fine.

If I'm trading high end cards I use sell value or best comparisons. Not to be cynical, but I've had a ton of interest in some of my higher end cards and get a lot of I only trade bv for bv guys..... not so much here as on other sites. They try to offer 8 smaller cards for one of yours and add up the bv or trade you a card that beckett hasn't adjusted in 5 years and they know sells for half of yours. Frankly, a lot of really insulting offers and then you get the I only trade BV for BV..... and I think I bet you do when you are trying to get a steal on a card..... yet if it was their card they'd need SV..... Long rant, point is many online try to play it both ways with BV and SV depending if it's their card or one they are trying to acquire for a steal

If I'm trading high end cards I use sell value or best comparisons. Not to be cynical, but I've had a ton of interest in some of my higher end cards and get a lot of I only trade bv for bv guys..... not so much here as on other sites. They try to offer 8 smaller cards for one of yours and add up the bv or trade you a card that beckett hasn't adjusted in 5 years and they know sells for half of yours. Frankly, a lot of really insulting offers and then you get the I only trade BV for BV..... and I think I bet you do when you are trying to get a steal on a card..... yet if it was their card they'd need SV..... Long rant, point is many online try to play it both ways with BV and SV depending if it's their card or one they are trying to acquire for a steal

This reminded me of the "good ole days", when a computer was actually a person that worked with numbers, you had to be careful because unscrupulous traders and dealers would use one guide when selling and a different one when buying :eek: