Review Bowman Sterling - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Bowman Sterling - MLB

6 packs per box and 5 cards per pack
'Look for Autograph Cards of Top Prospects and Topps Exclusive WBC Game-Worn Jersey Relic Cards in Every Pack!'

I received the following:

3 Bowman Sterling Rookies
J. Chacin
E. Young
G. Golson

3 Prospects
A. Buchholz
W. Rosario
B. Bailey
jpg213.jpg

jpg214.jpg

This premium issue is beautiful! For those of us who have been collecting for many years, these cards are terrific! The background design does not overpower the picture of the player. The cards are very stiff and some even have a little curl to them. The reverse has stats plus a Bowman Reflection portion of the card. However, there are no numbers on the cards - only initials of the set - BS/BSP and the player's initials. For those of us who chase sets, it would be great if we had card numbers....

INSERTS

Refractors

Prospects #ed to 199
J. Owings
P. Paramore

Rookies #ed to 199
J. Mayberry
T. Crowe

jpg215.jpg

These are clearly marked 'Refractor' on the reverse.

Black and Gold Parallel Refractors

Gold #ed to 50
G. Parra

jpg216.jpg

Black #ed to 25
C. Angelini

Game Used - WBC

N. Weglarz
H. Robb
H. Ryu
H. Chen
jpg217.jpg

Game Used WBC - Refractors #ed to 199

Ichiro
Shin-Soo Choo
jpg218.jpg

Box Topper
Blue Game Used WBC - Refractor
#ed to 125

Kwang-Hyun Kim
jpg220.jpg

Prospect Autos

R. Grossman
A. White
R. Fuentes
M. Trout
C. James
C. Heisey
T. Wheeler
C. Jenkins

jpg219.jpg

Rookie Autos
N. Reimold
A. Bastardo

Dual Refractor Auto

Redemption
B. Posey
F. Cervelli
jpg221.jpg

Gold Refractor Auto #ed to 50

Chad Jenkins
jpg222.jpg

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

WOW !! 2 autos and 1 game used per pack!! Excellent!!

What a great issue for the rookie and prospect collector. Numbered parallels, autos, what more could someone want from a card product? Maybe more packs per box.... Could prove to be a little bit of a work in progress to collect the set w/o card numbers.

Autos look very good even though they are sticker autos. Each one looks to be well placed on the card.

The refractors are both easy to distinguish and easy to find the word 'refractor' on the reverse.

Overall Grade A++ Excellent!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays all to me!!

Duane

sweet review! if the team Korea GU are FT please lmk collecting them for a neighbor here. she korean. thanks!

Sweet break! I would be interested in the Trout, Fuentes and Posey/Cervelli dual auto. LMK

Ohhhhhhh I so love Bowman products....thanks for sharing and congrats on some awesome pulls!

I'd love the Weglarz GU and also interested in the Ichiro Refractor GU....possibly the Shoo

I have a great Longoria GU #18/18....

Lmk what is available....thanks again.

My Longoria ROY GU is about to be traded...

However, I do have Carl Crawford game used, and also Tex's 2002 USA Jersey.

Lmk if we can work a deal.

Thanks,
Diane

Duane - I'm interested in the Trout and Reimold autos. Interested in any of these Rays?

Kazmir, Scott (TB) 2007 Sweet Spot SW-SK jersey Sweet Swatch
Kazmir, Scott (TB) 2006 Bowman Originals 22 autograph /661
Upton, B.J. (TB) 2009 SP Authentic BTL-UB autograph By The Letter Signatures "O" /30
Upton, B.J. (TB) 2009 UD Spectrum SS-BJ patch Spectrum Swatches /25
Upton, B.J. (TB) 2007 Topps Heritage CC-BU bat Clubhouse Collection
Zobrist, Ben (TB) 2009 Topps Update AST-G jersey All-Star

OK here's the deal.... Several of you want the same card(s)...

Trishlp, zlw1, dp33 - Reimold auto -- Pick a number between 1 and 100 - closest to the number w/o going over - gets Reimold.

75zito and tigerace - Ichiro gu - Pick a number between 300 and 400 - closest to the number w/o going over gets Ichiro.

89giants and dan55 -- Paramore -- Pick a number between 36 and 125 - closest to the number w/o going over gets Paramore.

I will not add anyone to any of these 'contests'... one and done.

Just post your guesses here.

All guesses must be posted by Wed Jan 27th at 9:08pm.

Duane