Box Trade thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
received today, I took two (so far) that I liked but will look over everything again later tonight to see what to add ... will post here again with an update; will have these out no later than Saturday ... and Paul, thanks for the extra package!!! - erik

Alrighty, I took these -

Jim Kaat 2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Game Jersey Jsy (gray) GG-JK $15.00
Willie Hernandez 2002 Topps Archives Autograph 199 $15.00
Chamique Holdsclaw 2001 Fleer Feel the Game Uniform NNO $30.00

and i'm adding these -

Carl Crawford 07 Ultimate 'ultimate team marks' AUTO /60 $15
Nolan Ryan '77 Topps #650 $30 - screw down holder
Chipper Jones '03 Topps Chrome Jersey refractor $15
Reggie Smith II '08 Donruss Classics rookie AUTO /499 $12

thanks Paul for having this, I hope my cards are suitable for what I am taking, if not lmk as I wont be sending until Saturday ... when I do send i'll update your original post with the insurance # - thanks, Erik

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know that I received a notice in my mailbox today that the box is waiting for me to pick it up. I get home from work after the post office closes.

My wife will be picking it up tomorrow and I'll be doing my trades tomorrow night and will most likely be shipping the box back out on Friday.

We are scheduled to have our third daughter on Wednesday, but she could come at any time, so I will get it out of here as soon as possible.

Thanks,
John

john - congrats on #3!!!!! hope all goes well with the delivery.

baby comes first, so take your time with the box and get it done when you can.

paul

john - congrats on #3!!!!! hope all goes well with the delivery.

baby comes first, so take your time with the box and get it done when you can.

paul

Paul,

Thanks! Just a few more days, we're pretty excited! Thanks for the gift package. I LOVE the Ted Williams archive! OK, here's what I took out and added:

Took out:
1. Rickey Henderson 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Position Dual Jsy (white/white) #39/50 $10.00
2. Johan Santana 2007 Bowman Sterling Bowman Sterling Materials Refractor Jsy (white) #165/199 BS-JS $10.00
3. Carl Crawford 07 Ultimate 'ultimate team marks' AUTO /60 $15

Put in:
1. 2001 SP Game Bat Milestone Piece of Action Milestone #KG Ken Griffey Jr. $20.00
2. 2004 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Combo Red #128 Manny Ramirez Bat-Jsy Print Run 250 $12.00
3. 2004 Leaf Certified Cuts Marble Signature Blue #33 Keith Foulke (Sox Uniform)/ 75 Print Run 75 $25.00

Sound fine to everyone? It was fun getting a box full of cards that you haven't seen yet. I'd love to do another trade, but would want it with baseball only if I did. No offense to the other sport collectors, I just collect baseball only.

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
thanx john, and i pm'd the next address for you.

please be sure to post the insurance number after you mail the box.

ya, if i do another any more, i'll do them seperately for each sport.

thanx again,
paul

Hey guys!

Great news! My third 1/1 arrived last night. Natalie Elizabeth was born at 5:05 pm (est), standing 19.49 inches tall, weighing in at 5 lbs. 13 oz. I'll have more later, but I just put the kids to bed and wanted to let everyone know that the box was sent out yesterday ($17.50, OUCH!) Insurance #: VH 425 254 293 US

It was fun to do, but VERY expensive to ship. Thanks again to Paul for putting this on!

John

have fun with them while you can. they turn teen and don't want anything to do with you, lol.

my little granddaughter just turned 1 this past october, i'll call my daughter and she'll put the little one on the phone and she babbles pretty good, some words ya can understand, other's ya need the baby dictionary, lol

again, congrats, and hope baby and mom are both doin well!

why was that box $17.50 to mail??? it was priority, should have only cost $7.10 and insurance should have been $5.50. your post office was wrong i think.

paul

Last edited:
have fun with them while you can. they turn teen and don't want anything to do with you, lol.

my little granddaughter just turned 1 this past october, i'll call my daughter and she'll put the little one on the phone and she babbles pretty good, some words ya can understand, other's ya need the baby dictionary, lol

again, congrats, and hope baby and mom are both doin well!

why was that box $17.50 to mail??? it was priority, should have only cost $7.10 and insurance should have been $5.50. your post office was wrong i think.

paul

Paul,

You're right, they grow up fast. I try not to waste any time.

The post office charged $11.95 (my father shipped it for me I was on my way to the hospital) and the insurance was $5.55 for $400 according to the insurance receipt. Maybe they charged him differently for shipping than everyone else was charged? The postage on top of the box when I got it was $11.96, but I don't know if that included the insurance or not. Maybe Eric (Lep1010) could share what is cost him, he sent the box to me. There is a VERY good chance that I messed up by not having my father ask for the right service. I don't normally ship boxes. If I did, someone please give me some advice so I don't make the same mistake again.

John

ya, they should have charged him priority for the box, it's a flat rate no matter the weight of the box. and insurance was $5.55, i misread my reciept, lol. i was a nickle off.

i'll see if i can send you some cards or something to make you feel better about the mix up, ya?

paul

ya, they should have charged him priority for the box, it's a flat rate no matter the weight of the box. and insurance was $5.55, i misread my reciept, lol. i was a nickle off.

i'll see if i can send you some cards or something to make you feel better about the mix up, ya?

paul

Paul,

No need to send anything. I'm fine. Just wondering why it was so high. No big deal, just an oversight on my part. Thanks for letting me take part in the whole thing. It was fun.

John

Got the box yesterday, thanks so much! This is awesome!

Taking out:

Chipper jersey
Manny Bat/Jrsy
Manny Jrsy
Carew bat
Huff Auto/Jersey

Raplacing it with:

2006 Greats of the Game Eddie Matthews Jersey
1975 Tops Mini Ryan/Carlton Strikeout Leaders
2002 DOnruss Studio Wade Miller Hat Card
2007 Black Aaron Harang Auto /50

So, should I print out something saying what's in there or should I just pack it up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online