BSL Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Alright guys and gals,

I have a fix in. It isn't a fun one, BUT it does allow me to fix some errors I made when I initally set up the league. This will allow sims to run much smoother on my end (and allow you to access them faster in the software for those who hate waiting for uploads).

Here is the plan, EVERYONE is going to have to wipe the league from the system, and redownload the 600-700 MB zip file. It will take a long time to download, and a long time to unzip/extract, but it will be the best way to handle this issue. I have tested this on Heath's laptop under a normal manager profile and it works perfectly.

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY!

1. After tonight (8/26--give some time to upload this monster) Download file HERE to desktop or wherever you want on your PC.

2. You will need to go into Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/saved_games/

3. Find the folder titled "The Bench Sim League.lg"

4.DELETE THAT FOLDER, it contains all files pertaining to the BSL which we will be replacing. You MUST delete the previous league before continuing on!

5.After that is clear, find the The Bench Sim League.lg.zip file that you downloaded from the above link. Right click it and extract/unzip it to the same directory as above "Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/saved_games/" The exacted folder must be titled exactly "The Bench Sim League.lg" The .lg MUST be in the name for the game to recognize it. It should already be there, but if not, right click the folder and rename it.

6.After that is complete, load your OOTP12 game and load league. If the league does not show up, something was done wrong.

7.If the league does load, log into your manager account and hit the standard "Check for Updated LEague Files". That will get you moved up from 8/14 to 9/1, at which time you are caught up, you can make all changes and EXPORT for the next sim.

This turnover will take a few days, so everyone needs to be patient and bear with us. The downside is the wait, but the upside is the efficiency that will improve on my end:D.

Cory

EXPORTS STATUS

NYY YES
BOS YES
BAL
TOR YES
TB

KC YES
DET YES
CLE YES
CHW
MIN

TEX
ARZ YES
OAK
SEA-cpu

MIA-YES
PHI YES
NYM YES
ATL YES
WSH YES

CIN YES
STL YES
CHC
PIT YES
MIL

COL YES
LAD
SF-cpu
SD-cpu

Last edited:
File upload of the zip is at 26% as of now, so anyone attempting before midnight or so will probably get a broken link above.

Please keep all issues regarding this in this thread so it is easy for me to track. Also, if you get it completed and updated/exported, please let me know on here as well.

Reds are up and running. Showing a new league date of 9/1/2020!

Larry - I'm not 100% sure, but I think you want to click Show in Folder. Then move it to the folder that Cory indicated - Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/saved_games/

Unzip/extract the .zip file and when I did that, it automatically created the sub-folder "The Bench Sim League.lg" and then all the files appeared after about 5 minutes extracting.

Eric

I exacted the file but have absolutely no clue if its in the saved_game file

I clicked on show in folder and then clicked on extract file and it downloaded

Have no clue what i am doing has lost all patience

I exacted the file but have absolutely no clue if its in the saved_game file

I clicked on show in folder and then clicked on extract file and it downloaded

Have no clue what i am doing has lost all patience

The best way to do it is to extract directly to the saved games folder. If you havent deleted the league folder it will make a mess so make sure that is done. As long as the zip is there, you cab reextract it if you make mistakes. What windows do you have?

The best way to do it is to extract directly to the saved games folder. If you havent deleted the league folder it will make a mess so make sure that is done. As long as the zip is there, you cab reextract it if you make mistakes. What windows do you have?

I deleted the league files downloaded the new files and extracted the files have no clue how to place the extracted files into
the saved_games folder/file i have windows 7

Last edited:
Just extract the folder to your desktop, then open you my computer, nagivate to the saved games folder, and drag new league folder to saved games. There are other ways but that is easy

Everything went smooth and I am updated and exported.

Note to all--the files are huge so be prepared to wait a bit while they download or extract:)

Two things to note.

1. San Diego has been removed as a owner due to inactivity. Great owner, but haven't heard a peep in months.

2. As I check for and verify valid exports as teams get back online, I will edit bottom of original post.

Last edited:
Sorry i am totally confused i thinks its best i just quit the league not really worth my aggravation

Stick with it. I am going to have the same issues when I get a chance to re-do. Cory and crew do a fantastic job of walking folks through the process that need a little extra help.

I am uploading a quick how-to video on YouTube right now. Using Windows 7. I will provide the link once it is uploaded.

This were i am stuck

5.After that is clear, find the The Bench Sim League.lg.zip file that you downloaded from the above link. Right click it and extract/unzip it to the same directory as above "Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/saved_games/" The exacted folder must be titled exactly "The Bench Sim League.lg" The .lg MUST be in the name for the game to recognize it. It should already be there, but if not, right click the folder and rename it.

I downloaded the new file (although i may have deleted it) after the download was completed i clicked on save to folder then there was a unzip/extract file so i clicked on it and it began to unzip/extract the file then it finished and after that no clue what to do.

But i think i may have to re-download the league file again but not sure.