BSL Poll: Owners Please Respond

How should the Cardinals' trading behavior be handled?

• Unlimited trading.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 1 trade per sim until I feel frequency has calmed down

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Cap all BSL teams to 15 trades per season

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Heath has accused me of singling him out regarding his trade restrictions.

As such, I leave it up to you. The majority vote will be the final determination of what will take place. I will give this until Thursday's sim to tally votes.

Mixed feelings here. I can see how processing 5 trades from Heath each sim and then the next sim 5 more involving the same players, can be a burden and many times makes no sense. I thought the idea of heath running the sims would handle this but apparently it hasn't completely.
One other thought process though is that there are really only 5 or 6 active traders left in the league and if we limit Heath there wont be much trading going on. If you find your team needing to move a player at one positon to open up a roster spot for another position and there are only 1 or 2 teams with any interest you can usually work a deal with Heath that works for both teams.
If there had been an option like - 2 or 3 trades per sim with a season total of 15-20 and unlimited trading in the off season I would certainly have voted for that one.
I know that this is Cory's league and have supported him always and will continue to as long as he is willing to put himself out for us but I don't want to have any more owners lose interest in the league, so whatever works for the majority I will certainly go along with.
As they are stated above I voted for unlimited trading for Heath. Not sure if that is a great option but I felt it was the best to keep more interest. Just my thoughts. Pat

Last edited:
Nats voted. I have always been a staunch believer that two owners should be able to trade how they want. That being said, to trade every sim or multiple each sim may be to much for Cory to do. If Heath wants to process them I see no problem with it; it is his team. I don't trade much but when I have it has been with Heath for the most part. With the options given I voted for the cap at 15 but caveat with all said above.

Earth to Cory!!! Can I please get a explanation on what's gonna happen rest of the year if its capped to 15 ??? I obviously have passed that limit but would assume like rule changes in the past it would be moving forward? Please lmk as its looking more like that where this is heading to!!! Those of you who don't trade much I expect to vote conservative. I see where all sides are coming from but really with me entering the trades majority of the time and trying to keep the league to float as Cory has made it clear he plans on taking a back seat but still be involved. I have tried to step up when I can to keep the league fun. If league enjoyment goes down don't point the finger at this guy. How many of you have been bored and got PM from me and gave you something we all enjoy talking trade or we probley wouldn't be on a trade site. I know there are some of you who I probley have annoyed with asking about players ect but I think majority of you have had good trade talks with me more so then not. I also understand making it more real life by limiting the rediculous amount of turnover but how about losing top free agents and getting no compensation now that's also unrealistic. As in real life when my Royals lost SP E.Santana & now James Shields they still get compensation. I know that's going out on a limb for a comparison but bottom line is league is fun just the way it is. Cory gets bored because his team always wins yeah sounds pretty rough but he has told me he gets bored because of his teams success. Wasn't for me keeping him on his toes who knows...

If Cory and others are bored, lets spice it up.... lets add expansion teams and have an expansion draft....

Reds voted yesterday. It doesn't matter much to me - but I'm not the one that has to enter trades and run the SIMs so it's easy for me to say! At first, I didn't really like all the trades by STL because it didn't seem realistic. However, like Pat said, I've come to appreciate all of the trades since I think the moves increase overall trading and activity with the owners. It doesn't bother me at all now. I make trades and send proposals when I think I can improve my team and I try to ignore all the chaos in STL, lol! Unless he brings in a a guy I really want...

Eric

Last edited:
If Cory and others are bored, lets spice it up.... lets add expansion teams and have an expansion draft....

That would be fun but we don't even have enough owners now for the teams we currently are running.

I'm torn on this one, I feel a team should be able to trade when and what they want since it's their team--even if doing all those trades doesn't really help you as history has shown:) Then I look at the trading activity and see Heath pretty much trades with the same teams time and time again--but that is mostly because there are not a lot of active trading teams. So I'm on the fence here and upon a closer look I see Heath has a habit of acquiring the same players multiple times and then trading them again...or how few players stay on his team for even one season...or one sim. But again--his choice in my opinion.

So here is my vote (which I will enter when I get clarification) if Heath is the one to enter in trades I vote for no trade limit--if it's Cory I vote for 1 trade a sim.

Reds voted yesterday. It doesn't matter much to me - but I'm not the one that has to enter trades and run the SIMs so it's easy for me to say! At first, I didn't really like all the trades by STL because it didn't seem realistic. However, like Pat said, I've come to appreciate all of the trades since I think the moves increase overall trading and activity with the owners. It doesn't bother at all now. I make trades and send proposals when I think I can improve my team and I try to ignore all the chaos in STL, lol! Unless he brings in a a guy I really want...

Eric

Not to mention a team that has made the playoffs once due to constant upheaval ends up in your division :)

Regarding others: i never have stated i was bored in any way. I built my team to where i want it to be. Just because heath is jealous of my success doesnt mean i dont have fun with the league. The administrative and bureaucratic crap gets real old but is a necessary evil

That would be fun but we don't even have enough owners now for the teams we currently are running.

Yea, thought about that... what if we vote on revamping the league and start in a historical time period, 1920's perhaps?... back when there were fewer teams anyway???

We'd get to have another fantasy draft
We'd get to use historic players
We'd be able to reduce the teams down to one per owner again ( I think)

Thoughts???

Yea, thought about that... what if we vote on revamping the league and start in a historical time period, 1920's perhaps?... back when there were fewer teams anyway???

We'd get to have another fantasy draft
We'd get to use historic players
We'd be able to reduce the teams down to one per owner again ( I think)

Thoughts???

I like the history of our current league I hate to start over career stats and hall of fame voting. Sexton about to hit 700 home runs etc. Plus all the guys people have drafted and developed(I can't claim this).