BSL Poll: Owners Please Respond

How should the Cardinals' trading behavior be handled?

• Unlimited trading.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 1 trade per sim until I feel frequency has calmed down

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Cap all BSL teams to 15 trades per season

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yea, thought about that... what if we vote on revamping the league and start in a historical time period, 1920's perhaps?... back when there were fewer teams anyway???

We'd get to have another fantasy draft
We'd get to use historic players
We'd be able to reduce the teams down to one per owner again ( I think)

Thoughts???

This will be my last from-scratch OOTP league. I would really like to join a historical league starting in the 50's and run up to the present day. It's a LOT of work that very few are cut out for, especially getting the stuff started at the beginning.

I am, however, planning on starting a football league to go along with the BSL when OOTP's football sim launches. Maybe not version 1, it will depend how easy the software is to work with. Eventually though, I hope to. I grew up playing these games, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Blue Jays are going to tie the vote back up... I am going to make this point!!!!

Almost every team that has won a BSL championship has benefited from making a trade with the Cardinals!!!!!! Every team has needs and only a handful of teams are willing to make trades in the BSL. Heath and I have made countless trades and I have never made any stipulations on those trades, regardless of where the player ended up after the trade!! Heath and I text message back and forth sometimes on a daily basis about his team, potential trades, or just for some friendly advice. I text more with him than my own brother in real life. So for that reason and the fact that Heath is learning to run the league that he should be allowed to make unlimited trades.

Last edited:
Blue Jays are going to tie the vote back up... I am going to make this point!!!!

Almost every team that has won a BSL championship has benefited from making a trade with the Cardinals!!!!!! Every team has needs and only a handful of teams are willing to make trades in the BSL. Heath and I have made countless trades and I have never made any stipulations on those trades, regardless of where the player ended up after the trade!! Heath and I text message back and forth sometimes on a daily basis about his team, potential trades, or just for some friendly advice. I text more with him than my own brother in real life. So for that reason and the fact that Heath is learning to run the league that he should be allowed to make unlimited trades.

But he hasn't won a BSL championship.....just those that trade with him. Maybe constant roster changes is not the best method for winning.

Cory 18 have voted out of 28 teams there are 2nd owned team of Twins/White Sox/O's/Cubs. Some teams like Tampa/Seattle/San Diego/& Atlanta have been inactive whether excused or not. So when's the final decision?

Cory 18 have voted out of 28 teams there are 2nd owned team of Twins/White Sox/O's/Cubs. Some teams like Tampa/Seattle/San Diego/& Atlanta have been inactive whether excused or not. So when's the final decision?
Read the first post. It was pretty explanatory

As long as Heath is participating in the processing of the Sims I think it should he okay for him to trade as he likes. Do I think he trades a bit much sure. But it's his team. Also I like the idea of the football league in addition to the Vintage league.

I have closed this poll as all other teams are either 2nd teamers or away for whatever reason/inactive.

From now on, 15 trade cap for all teams each BSL year (From End of World Series to End of World Series is a BSL year)

Heath will have 6 trades remaining this season. Given he has 4 pending, and roughly two more sims until trade deadline, he will be able to post two more before the deadline if he chooses.

Wow, really close vote. I guess the league is almost split down the middle on this one. It's an interesting topic - lots of good points made on both sides.

Eric

I have closed this poll as all other teams are either 2nd teamers or away for whatever reason/inactive.

From now on, 15 trade cap for all teams each BSL year (From End of World Series to End of World Series is a BSL year)

Heath will have 6 trades remaining this season. Given he has 4 pending, and roughly two more sims until trade deadline, he will be able to post two more before the deadline if he chooses.

I believe I have 2 trades pending??? Brewers & Cubs... where did 4 come from?