BSL Update 2022#17 - September

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is up, webpage should follow.

Export deadline Wednesday at noon central time.

You can, if you choose, expand to 40 MLB roster spots in September. I only recommend calling up people who will be in your majors next year to start the year, it does burn an option calling them up early.

I need some exports from some people this sim, a few have been MIA for a few sims.

Cory

Cleveland exported. Losing is starting to get real old, no matter what i try it never works.

Dennis

I know how you feel Dennis.

Arizona exported.

Another very disappointing season.

I was really hoping for a near 500 season. And to top it all off i lost my #1 pick a couple years ago McClendon to a 11 month injury.

Dennis

Cards Exported. Out of no where we find ourselves in the NL Wild Card lead. Hopefully we can finish strong and sneak into the playoffs. Finally took the Cubs over for 2nd in division... Castro is having a fine season for me. Lost Melhuse for 3 weeks to finish the season so hopefully someone can step up as he has been playing great for me.

I was really hoping for a near 500 season. And to top it all off i lost my #1 pick a couple years ago McClendon to a 11 month injury.

Dennis

Last two years I picked up one of the top SP and they turned out to be crap. I have been one of the top teams in dropping bad players and picking up new FA but it doesn't seemed to have helped at all. I also brought up my top prospects last year (both in the top 20 overall before coming up) and they haven't done much since coming up.

Open to any other suggestions...

Last two years I picked up one of the top SP and they turned out to be crap. I have been one of the top teams in dropping bad players and picking up new FA but it doesn't seemed to have helped at all. I also brought up my top prospects last year (both in the top 20 overall before coming up) and they haven't done much since coming up.

Open to any other suggestions...

All I know is Cory has 4 SP's with 17 or more wins!!! Depresses me lol!!! I think you and Dennis will be fine just keep drafting and spending doesn't always pan out but eventually I would think enough blue chip draft picks and a few good signings it should turn around. Not to mention a bit of luck. Both my first rounder this year are already 1 1/2 star players when they where 4 stars very frustrating. Don't give up you guys are active owners eventually the tide should shift!!!

Holy cow, Steve Joyce has 70 dingers with a couple of weeks to go. 5th yr. in a row 65 or over. He has to be on the juice doesnt he? LOL
Dang, I thought I had a good team out there this year but I am not even going to grab a wild card spot I dont think. Losing Hooper for most of the season had to hurt but I didnt think it would be that bad of a blow. Looking back, I probably should have ponied up for Thompson. Oh, well. Next year!!!

Holy cow, Steve Joyce has 70 dingers with a couple of weeks to go. 5th yr. in a row 65 or over. He has to be on the juice doesnt he? LOL
Dang, I thought I had a good team out there this year but I am not even going to grab a wild card spot I dont think. Losing Hooper for most of the season had to hurt but I didnt think it would be that bad of a blow. Looking back, I probably should have ponied up for Thompson. Oh, well. Next year!!!

Pat, you are only 1 game behind me for Wild Card and I lost my stud OF til end of regular season.

Yes, Joyce is just crushing it this year. He's going to shatter the single season HR record and maybe break his own RBI record (182). Unfortunately, he's only 5th in the NL in WAR so I'm not sure if he'll get the MVP. Chavarria and Adkins will be in the mix, I'm sure.

As for ARI, looks like injuries hit your team pretty hard this year. Your roster looks pretty good to me - I'm surprised your record isn't over .500. SP is a little thin after the top two guys, but maybe they have inflated ERAs a little because they are pitching in a more hitter-friendly park? O'Neill put up some amazing numbers at Petco - probably better than what his talent ratings should have indicated. I play in a hitter friendly park, too and I've kind of gotten away from that with my team the last few years. Way back in the day when the Reds were winning titles, I had 4 guys in my lineup that could hit 30-40 HR. I'm building more around pitching now and it's not quite working out as well for me...

Eric

Pat. COORSFIELD!

Anyone who wants advice specific to your team, pm me. I will be blunt and offer real suggestions. This is a dead serious offer, you cant win overnight, but w many big decisions and fa opening soon, you can get on track quickly

Thanks guys. I am not going anywhere. I love this stuff. Injuries have hit me hard this year. Just disappointed.

Do you guys set your line up or do you let the coaching staff make the decisions? I have always done it but maybe that is a mistake. Just trying to see if I could do something different.

I have always used a five man SP rotation. Do others try four? I worry about injuries if I only go with four.

LMK,

Ron

Last edited:
Yankees exported. Disappointing season for sure; my pitching was in the top 5 of the AL but my hitting was terrible. Definitely going in that direction this offseason. Losing badly the past two seasons has stunk, but having the high draft picks will help me rebuild as well.

As for the league itself I'd like to see us get some new blood in here if at all possible versus having to assign more second team owners. A league with GMs having two teams will start to get boring after awhile.

Yankees exported. Disappointing season for sure; my pitching was in the top 5 of the AL but my hitting was terrible. Definitely going in that direction this offseason. Losing badly the past two seasons has stunk, but having the high draft picks will help me rebuild as well.

As for the league itself I'd like to see us get some new blood in here if at all possible versus having to assign more second team owners. A league with GMs having two teams will start to get boring after awhile.

I agree Steph, It would be great to get some new owners involved. I see a few guys who always read our threads maybe they would be interested in getting in. Anyone have any ideas on attracting owners ?