Buying on COMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

potvin48

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
So, I've never bought from COMC...Am I right in saying that if I buy a card today, I can wait and buy more over the next few weeks, and they'll keep it in an "inventory" of some sort, and then I can request they send the cards to me when I'm all done buying? I don't want to pay $3 each time I buy a card.

I think that's how it works, but would like verification from someone who has bought there before...

I've bought on there but never tried it that way...they always ship my stuff just like a regular purchase...benefit over them vs. Beckett is that they have everything in inventory and you only pay one shipping fee. I think they have the option to do what you are saying though if you have an account set up with them...I was reading about "flipping" cards there and it seems you can buy something then put it in your own store inventory for resale if you want.

dont know about the delayed shipping though.

So, the only way the $.25 cent extra per card shipping charge comes in is if you "buy" (not make an offer) multiple cards in a single order?

I think maybe you have to pay with store credit to be able to buy the cards, but leave the cards at COMC until you're ready to ship. You have to purchase store credit in chunks of $20 or more (which really isn't bad considering how much the average customer is likely to spend on the site).

Then when you buy them, they go into your inventory, and you have the option of either re-listing them for sale, letting them sit (which can result in a $0.01 per month, per card storage fee) or mark them to ship.

There are several "sellers" on COMC who have never sent in any cards and work strictly by flipping cards that are already listed.

You have to purchase store credit in chunks of $20 or more (which really isn't bad considering how much the average customer is likely to spend on the site).

You can actually go as low as $10 with the custom option.

I use store credit to purchase all the time and wait to ship when I have a large number in inventory.

Tai

And you can use the "make an offer" feature and leave the cards in your inventory, provided you have enough credit in your account to cover what you're offering, as I did that on a Tuffy Rhodes card last week when a seller added a bunch of 1st day Issue stadium club cards.

So, it can be in my inventory, but not available to others for sale...I think I get it...Thanks to everyone for clearing that up! Now I am off to deposit some money and make a couple offers!

And if I understand the site correctly, you are only charged the "storage fee" if the cards are listed as "not for sale". Some people get around that by just re-listing cards they bought for ridiculous prices. Technically they're for sale, so they're except from the storage fee.