BV vs SV - How do you trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I do care about the players. I was going through my book of 1969 cards yesterday and thinking about every card I saw. But, that has nothing to do with value. I want every card for that year. I want every card for every year. I want to think about each and every player and reminisce about how they played and what they accomplished. I want to go through my binders and not see any empty spots. I have complete sets of the main sets from 1973 to now. I still need a few Update cards. But, again, that has nothing to do with value. A 1969 Mickey Mantle means the same to me as a 1969 Angel Bravo. I want both cards to complete that set.

And, Platinum, you are correct. Everyone has their own way of trading and we must respect that. I don't care if someone wants to trade off BV. I respect that and I'll go with it. My only problem is if someone goes by BV, don't agree to a trade and then renege on it because you find out the BV is off. If you go strictly by BV, I expect that person to look at BV BEFORE they agree to the trade. As I've said before, I've routinely traded $10-$40 in favor of other people. I got cards I was looking for and I was happy. To me, that's what this hobby should be about, FUN.

With BV changing as often as it does, some things happen. I have had people renege on trades because that person hit a home run today. On my website, it says on the bottom of every page, prices were the bv at the time of listing. However they are people who search trade sites for cards that have gone up and dont tell the person. I had a $20 wilson rc, and it had jumped to $200 and the trader offer me $20 worth of cards. He reminded me of another card on my website, that had gone up but not the wilson. Alot of people are in for the love of collecting, alot of people are in for the money. That is why it is hard to find retail boxes anywhere. GO ASTROS.

I do care about the players. I was going through my book of 1969 cards yesterday and thinking about every card I saw. But, that has nothing to do with value. I want every card for that year. I want every card for every year. I want to think about each and every player and reminisce about how they played and what they accomplished. I want to go through my binders and not see any empty spots. I have complete sets of the main sets from 1973 to now. I still need a few Update cards. But, again, that has nothing to do with value. A 1969 Mickey Mantle means the same to me as a 1969 Angel Bravo. I want both cards to complete that set.

And, Platinum, you are correct. Everyone has their own way of trading and we must respect that. I don't care if someone wants to trade off BV. I respect that and I'll go with it. My only problem is if someone goes by BV, don't agree to a trade and then renege on it because you find out the BV is off. If you go strictly by BV, I expect that person to look at BV BEFORE they agree to the trade. As I've said before, I've routinely traded $10-$40 in favor of other people. I got cards I was looking for and I was happy. To me, that's what this hobby should be about, FUN.

I think the guy reneged on this trade because he didn't look at the BV before agreeing to the trade. When he pulled the card, he saw who it was and looked up the BV. What I find funny is I gave him five cards to chose from and he picked this particular card. Again, I had no idea who any of them were. That's why I always tell people, let me pull the cards and ensure I have them before I agree to a trade. I guess I'm just old style. Once I agree to something, that's my word. Have I felt cheated before? Absolutely. But, I've agreed to trades and I abide by my word.

I know, its crazy about not being able to find boxes anywhere. I can't believe Walmart and Target aren't carrying them anymore. Or, at least, the shelves are empty every time I go in there. That's one reason I haven't collected any Heritage this year. I've bought complete sets the last two years. It's cheaper that way versus buying box after box of cards and still not coming close to making a full set. But, I'm seriously considering trading off all my parallel and Heritage sets and just going strictly with the base sets. That was my initial goal.

It was the 2010 sets that I really liked and started getting the parallel sets and it just grew from there. But, its getting harder and harder to find the cards I need and almost seems like a waste of time. And, my wife gets pissed every time I buy cards off eBay. lol Oh well. It is what it is. Happy trading.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online