Cal Ripken Jr *HOF* pic post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'll be in Cooperstown to see him next week!!

Baseball%20GU%20Auto%20RC

Graded%20Baseball

A local radio station gave away 2 tickets each hour for a "party bus" up to cooperstown. Just happened to be the one I listen to every day while I work and I must have made at least 100 phone calls to them...busy every time but 3, and even in those times I wasn't the right caller. Oh well. Looks like I'll be at home watching.

On a side note, check these out:

108_plate.jpg

Those are real MD license plates. Only 9999 available because there's only 4 digits. I just ordered 2 sets. I just can't decide if I'll actually put them on my car. I'll probably put a set on my fiance's car.

I'm also going to the O's game on tuesday, they're going to be doing some ceremonies for Cal and he's going to speak before the game. Not to mention, the 2nd Ripken bobblehead is given out that night! One for me, 3 for ebay. Then I'm going to the next night's game for Ripken t-shirt night.

Last edited:
$55 for a pair. my mother in law saw them on wjz this morning and called me right up!

maybe i'll get 2130 and 2131 since i ordered 2 sets....yeah right.

Hey Bigslim, can an out of stater get a set of those plates? If you're on today pm me the phone # and I'll see if any are left.
Thanks AL

scan0079.jpg

here's the website guys:

http://stores.pressboxstore.com/Detail.bok?no=33

i'm not sure about out of state people. there is a form that the company makes you fill out once you order the tags and it makes it seem like you MUST put them on a vehicle (asks for VIN # and such). i need to look into this because i'm only going to use 1 set.

Last edited:
Hey yankeesfan1988, thats a neat story, glad you got to meet Cal. Wasn't enough to change you into an O's fan tho huh?:D

The Elite draft class has K Gibson auto on reverse side-
scan0082.jpg

Last edited:
Always loved the looks of those Ultimate Sigs!!

Love that '86 Topps Buyback AUto too!!

Russ, those are some of my faves also.
Hey Bear did you put that whole heritage set together?

I've still got quite a few scans left and the ceremony is in a week so here's some more-
scan0078.jpg

Last edited:
I did. Just got every card finally on friday after starting in February of 2001. A really nice guy helped me from ebay and pretty much sent me everything I needed. I'm still looking to upgrade a few cards due to some factory marks though. Thanks for sharing all your ripkens. I can't believe how many nice cards you have. Any chance you have the 01 topps heritage chrome? ;)

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online