COMC and Black Friday.......has anybody heard anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm doing a flat 50% off from my existing prices. I really hope I can move some stuff. Hopefully some collectors of Japanese stuff turn up. Unfortunately, what should be pretty good cards just go completely unnoticed in the US market.

I've snagged so many cards for my collection, there really isn't anything left on the site I want.

I found a good website that notifies you when a Black Friday ad is published, and it appears to be extremely inclusive of just about every type of retailer....

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

Maybe this will help some of you out there (not just for card shopping) but for Christmas shopping for family, friends, etc.

I found a good website that notifies you when a Black Friday ad is published, and it appears to be extremely inclusive of just about every type of retailer....

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

Maybe this will help some of you out there (not just for card shopping) but for Christmas shopping for family, friends, etc.

Thanks for the infor! Will be working overtime this week! Best regards, David

Black Friday is in 2 weeks, doesn't anybody think we'd have heard something by now if they were going to do it???

I posted asking yesterday and today in a couple spots. I have a stack of cards that I will send in for one week processing if I think the buyer promotion is going to drive some sales. Otherwise, I will wait until I have enough for a bulk shipment.

http://blog.comc.com/2013/11/16/5-black-friday-specials-including-a-500-shopping-spree/

THEY JUST POSTED THIS!

5 Black Friday Specials, Including a $500 Shopping Spree
Posted on November 16, 2013 by Moe @ COMC

It’s that time of year; there’s a chill in the air, the sun’s going down a lot sooner than it used to, and those jack-o-lanterns are sitting comfortably in the compost pile. (We hope so, otherwise “eeewwwww”…)

You know what else is coming up? Of course you do – the biggest holiday season of the year: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years…and Black Friday. Two words that mark the beginning of the biggest shopping weekend of the year. And COMC is going to be right in the midst of it.

For weeks, people have been asking us about our Black Friday Specials. Trust me, we were wanting to tell you. But, we also wanted to wait until the time was right, and we’re pretty sure that time is now.

Here’s what we’ve got planned for Black Friday!
Free Shipping

It’s one of our most popular specials and we’re bringing it back for the Black Friday weekend. We’re offering free shipping on all cards that are bought between Friday, Nov 29th and Monday, Dec 2nd. Please note, to qualify for this special, there is minimum purchase of 20 items and they must be purchased in Simplified Buying Mode.

Note: Items purchase from Advanced Reselling Mode, items purchased by buying another seller’s entire port via a Port Sale, or items purchased from the old CheckOutMyCards website do not qualify for free shipping, but you can still get a $3 discount by shipping 20 or more items. You can switch your buying mode in the Profile and Options page.
$5 Bonus Store Credit for Every $100 Purchased

All Black Friday weekend (Nov 29th – Dec 2nd) you will receive an extra $5 store credit for each $100 of store credit you purchase. Limit of $50 bonus credit per day. That is a total of $200 bonus credit if you purchase $1,000 store credit each of the 4 days of our Black Friday weekend.
$5 Bonus Store Credit for Every 50 Items Shipped

Last August, we introduced a Shipping Credit when purchasing items in bulk. Normally you have to purchase 100 items in a calendar month in order to get the extra $5, but for the month of November, you get the $5 for every 50 items you purchase and have shipped by 11:59 PM PST Saturday November 30th.

And, as the Shipping Credit is deposited on the 1st of the month, any credit you earn in November you can use in December…just in time for Cyber Monday.
$5 – $500 Cyber Monday Shopping Sprees

100 COMC customers will win a Cyber Monday Shopping Spree. One lucky customer will get a $500 shopping spree, and the rest of the winners will receive shopping sprees worth between $5 and $100.

Winners will be randomly selected based on the number of items that were purchased and shipped in 2013. Items purchased and shipped on Black Friday or Saturday will receive 5 times the chances.

We will announce the winners on on our Facebook page on Sunday November 30th. You will have all day Cyber Monday to spend your winnings.
Free Promotions

On top of all the promotions that we are giving away, we are encouraging all of our sellers to run their own Black Friday Promotions. Since we are not charging them anything extra to run the promotions, we expect to have more than 1,000 sellers running promotions on more than 5,000,000 items. This means there will be lots of great deals happening across COMC.com – sellers will be able to customize their markdowns up to 80% off their original asking price.

There you have it. We have a little something for everyone, and you won’t even have to get out of bed to do your shopping…does it get much better than that?

As always, be sure to keep up with all the news and company updates by following us on our Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube pages.

Thanks for the information.....free shipping only if u purchase 20 items...wasn't last year it was free shipping for spending $50.00? Best regards, David

I think this is the same as last year. I sold a ton of my cheapo cards so people could get the free shipping by picking up a couple of scrub cards in the .10-.15 range.

EDIT - Found the old post on the COMC Blog - it was free when you purchased 10 items.

I do think the shipping 50 items for $5.00 credit might make things interesting.

Last edited:
Should be a good show! I've been adding all sorts of stuff over the last few weeks (around 800 new cards tomorrow!) getting ready. Hoping to have a good sale for sure.

I'll be running 20-50% off on all my stuff, so hopefully it generates some interest. I'm actually pretty amazed at what my sales have been this month, I thought people would be holding back until BF - guess not.

Should be a good show! I've been adding all sorts of stuff over the last few weeks (around 800 new cards tomorrow!) getting ready. Hoping to have a good sale for sure.

I'll be running 20-50% off on all my stuff, so hopefully it generates some interest. I'm actually pretty amazed at what my sales have been this month, I thought people would be holding back until BF - guess not.

Is ur Vick Ballard five star gonna be half off? I wanted that lol

It's actually priced right around what you would pay on eBay already (I usually look at delivered price) - if I did half off I would lose money on that card. Probably 20-30% off if memory serves. (BTW you can already get the 20% by offering - I have auto accept at that offer range - that'd be $3.80).

Is ur Vick Ballard five star gonna be half off? I wanted that lol

Just checked the prices on a bunch of cards that I would like to purchase...........and a few dealers listed rised their prices from a few weeks ago! Most stay about the same and a few even lowered their prices..So to the ones who rised their prices.....Not buying from you! So thoses who kept the same prices and the ones who lowered them....You'll have my business later tonight! Best regards, David

I purchased cards in Oct and Nov..... as I could not wait for black friday....if I waited they could be gone or the prices could have been rised...as I checked the prices on ones I lefted on comc....a few sellers rised their prices for black friday!! Best regards, David

Starting to see that too. I keep a list of people I do not buy from for various reasons...too bad people do that. COMC is a very neat way to buy/sell cards and some people ruin it.

I'm ready to go on my port - added over 500 new cards last night. Hopefully I hit my goal!

I purchased cards in Oct and Nov..... as I could not wait for black friday....if I waited they could be gone or the prices could have been rised...as I checked the prices on ones I lefted on comc....a few sellers rised their prices for black friday!! Best regards, David

Have a list of about 34 cards from sets that I'm working on....will hit the snooze button at 7:OO pm and set the wake up time at 11: 50 pm. Best regards, David

Picked up most of the stuff I needed for the finest, bowman platinum xfractor and silver ice cards that I needed!! Picked up 34 cards total price was about $92.00...but it did not cost me a penny! Why? Used the bonus points from openning a new checking acct/credit card acct at my bank.....got close to 40,000 points........14,000 point equal $100.00. Happy Thanksgiving! Best regards, David

Can't beat free!

Sales are brisk - over $250 now and still going. I've picked up some nice deals as well - as we thought some sellers are trying to pretend they are having promos, but luckily lots of good sellers actually running promos.

Thanks to any/all who have purchased from me.

Picked up most of the stuff I needed for the finest, bowman platinum xfractor and silver ice cards that I needed!! Picked up 34 cards total price was about $92.00...but it did not cost me a penny! Why? Used the bonus points from openning a new checking acct/credit card acct at my bank.....got close to 40,000 points........14,000 point equal $100.00. Happy Thanksgiving! Best regards, David

Most of the dealers did have deals and lower the cost of the cards (they got my business and thanks!)....Just a few rised the prices and then cut it (but still higher than the price weeks ago) and theses dealers did not get my business. Going back again to spend some of my own money on some of the higher priced stuff later today! Plus I still have 24,000 points or about $175.00 on my credit card. Best regards, David