COMC and Black Friday.......has anybody heard anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finally got thru to Customer Service and they removed the shipping charge! But why did it take so long.....they acknowledge that it was a problem from day one! Best regards, David

I had 293 if it is any consolation. Someone just claimed the $500 prize - COMC will be raffling off the other non-claimed prize if you like their Facebook page and share a certain post.

I had 293 if it is any consolation. Someone just claimed the $500 prize - COMC will be raffling off the other non-claimed prize if you like their Facebook page and share a certain post.

SO STUPID. I would love another shot at a prize, but people sharing posts like that gets on my nerve. Highly doubt my mother is interested in COMC, but it's just a way to spam people that don't want to see it.

How about they re-raffle them off to accounts active in the last month? How about just depositing the prize instead of making them claim it? The whole contest has been botched for self promotion.

SO STUPID. I would love another shot at a prize, but people sharing posts like that gets on my nerve. Highly doubt my mother is interested in COMC, but it's just a way to spam people that don't want to see it.

How about they re-raffle them off to accounts active in the last month? How about just depositing the prize instead of making them claim it? The whole contest has been botched for self promotion.

Amen! No time limit and don't have to claim it...just deposit into their account as credit. Best regards, David

The way the shopping spree happened is definitely a "con" to the weekend promotion. Hopefully they listen to their sellers/buyers for the next promotion and make it better. There were good things and bad about the weekend - I think overall I still had a pretty good experience. Missed having the free replacement listings like last year - as I've sold around 250 cards up to this point. I do think it was geared more towards the buyer this year than the sellers - last year we had the listing credits, they had a processing special to get as many cards in as possible, etc.

Bottom line - I made a good chunk of change and got to buy some really awesome cards.

For me bottom line....was they were way to slow to remove the shipping charges when they knew on Black Friday that this was happening! Got some great cards...but they losted my business as second order was cancelled. Best regards, David

I've heard other people say certain things are "scammy" about the site, but what frustrates me about that statement is the connotation that they are operating in a less than forthright manner. To me, it seems like all the information about how it works, what fees are, shipping, etc. are all out there in the open. It's never been a surprise to me when I go to checkout or do other things (cash out, buy credit, etc.). I don't see how they can make money on the credit you send in...it is yours to purchase items or request as a refund. No fees associated with the refund.

I love the site, but I can't say that everything is out there in the open. I bought over $100 worth of cards on Black Friday and got no $5 bonus; turns out you have to pre-purchase the $100 to get the bonus. You have to go to their blog to find that out.

I was in the middle of loading my cart, and yes I was logged in, and I had to step away for about an hour to do something that really mattered and when I came back, my cart was empty and I was logged out....why don't they have a "remember me" button like the Bench so I can stay logged in all day???

Bottom line, they lost my business on this one because I no longer have the time to kill re-shopping for all the cards I put in my cart on Saturday. I am shipping the cards I already had in my account that are "ready to ship" and cutting my loses with COMC.

The cards would still be in your cart when you log in - I do this all the time. In fact, I have two cards that I loaded Thursday night in my cart still.

I was in the middle of loading my cart, and yes I was logged in, and I had to step away for about an hour to do something that really mattered and when I came back, my cart was empty and I was logged out....why don't they have a "remember me" button like the Bench so I can stay logged in all day???

Bottom line, they lost my business on this one because I no longer have the time to kill re-shopping for all the cards I put in my cart on Saturday. I am shipping the cards I already had in my account that are "ready to ship" and cutting my loses with COMC.

The cards would still be in your cart when you log in - I do this all the time. In fact, I have two cards that I loaded Thursday night in my cart still.

So I guess you're saying I'm the problem, not the website....in any event its just a little too convoluted and cumbersome for me, lots of tedious rules and hoops and its supposed to be easy and fun in IMO. I'm out!

You can take it anyway you want - just speaking from a lot of past experience with the site. I just did it again this morning - loaded a few cards into my cart. About four hours later I logged back in and they are still there.

It's your hobby - your choice. It's not the only option out there - I just happen to like it.

So I guess you're saying I'm the problem, not the website....in any event its just a little too convoluted and cumbersome for me, lots of tedious rules and hoops and its supposed to be easy and fun in IMO. I'm out!

Last edited:
I love the site, but I can't say that everything is out there in the open. I bought over $100 worth of cards on Black Friday and got no $5 bonus; turns out you have to pre-purchase the $100 to get the bonus. You have to go to their blog to find that out.

To many hoops to jump thru.....need to make it simple.....resolve issues the day it happens and not days later. They could have sold even more cards and everyone could everyone happy....A solid customer service is key! I'll give them a second chance...(brought about 6 times from them for this year)....but if it continues and you continue have to jump thru hoops....then their site will be in trouble. Best regards, David

I was planning on saying something to someone in the next day or two when I get a chance. Can you guys be a little clearer about what was difficult? What were the hoops?

To me you have two options:
1 - Is an outright purchase which works like any major retailer. You load what you want into the cart and at checkout choose to pay with Paypal/Card.
2 - Is to load credit into the account - this is only necessary if you are offering cards and for instant purchase to hold the cards in your account for later.

Seems like it would be nice to have the option to purchase through the cart without funds on site and leave the cards in your account so you can accumulate and then ship all at once - does that seem like something that would work better?

My two biggest issues with the weekend - the customer service team (I misread they would be there Saturday/Sunday - that was last year) not being present to handle issues. The Cyber Monday promo was not handled well - accounts that won should have been credited - though the whole point of the shopping spree was to get people to spend it on Cyber Monday while sellers were holding promos still.

Upon further review, I found that my computer is set up to delete temporary internet files every time I shut down my computer so it was me (or at least my computer) with the issue on the shopping cart. No problem admitting I'm wrong on that one but I think some of my other points are valid, David's too, not going to regurgitate them here, they are in the thread.

The remember me or save function like the bench would be nice instead of relogging in, that has got to be a simple programming fix (although I don't know how to do it) :)

2 - Is to load credit into the account - this is only necessary if you are offering cards and for instant purchase to hold the cards in your account for later.

It is also necessary if you want the promotional $5 for $100 spent, as I (too late) discovered. If they have a promo webpage on the site, the details should also be there, and not have to follow bread crumbs to the blog to find out (too late).

I've been buying on COMC for over 2 years (nearly 2,500 cards) and obviously I really enjoy the site. Not everybody likes the same thing so there's nothing wrong with not liking it. I find it to be a very good place as a team collector to pick up cards in the $3 to $15 BV range. Stuff below that range is usually not cost-effective, and stuff above that is usually cheaper on ebay. It works best if you load your account and just buy stuff from time to time as you see a good deal, then ship it all when you get a large pile. If you don't want to have your money tied up like that then the site isn't being utilized to the fullest extent, so it won't be of as much use to you. It doesn't bother me because I've bought enough cards on there that I know the money will get spent sooner or later.

I took advantage of a lot of good prices to pick up many cards for my A's collection and some trade bait. Between the $5 bonus for adding $100 to your account, $5 "refund" for every 50 cards shipped, free shipping, and the $5 shopping spree I won I ended up saving an extra $33. I really think the site is best for a person like me who is more likely to buy a hundred $1 cards than one $100 card.

Richard

Got my cards and there in great shape! Plus $3.00 credit on my account for the shipping cost error. Thinking of listing about 40 cards with comc to get a little cash flow going. Best regards, David

David - If it is your first time submitting, contact COMC and they will give you a $20 credit for your first group of cards. It is how I got started a little over a year ago. In that time I have only funded my account 2 times for purchases and sold over $6,000 worth of cards. I just split my proceeds monthly - half I spend, half I reinvest in my port.

Got my cards and there in great shape! Plus $3.00 credit on my account for the shipping cost error. Thinking of listing about 40 cards with comc to get a little cash flow going. Best regards, David