COMC and Black Friday.......has anybody heard anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just checked the prices on a bunch of cards that I would like to purchase...........and a few dealers listed rised their prices from a few weeks ago! Most stay about the same and a few even lowered their prices..So to the ones who rised their prices.....Not buying from you! So thoses who kept the same prices and the ones who lowered them....You'll have my business later tonight! Best regards, David

This is exactly what happened to me. Of the 7 sellers that I had items from in my cart, TSJCT was the only who didn't jack up their prices...in fact, they went down dramatically!! I get the idea of a "sale" but it should be off regular priced items, not inflated prices, and then offer the illusion of a sale by actually charging more.

The free shipping was nice, though.

You have to click on the link yourself and sign in to COMC (if you aren't already). Good luck! Lots of prizes not claimed - only 22 of 100 have claimed so far.

You have to click on the link yourself and sign in to COMC (if you aren't already). Good luck! Lots of prizes not claimed - only 22 of 100 have claimed so far.

I know that....but I use my password...it does not work...so I try to create a new one and it gives me an error message to contact the service people....who like the customer service people...don't reply. thats why I asked for someone to check for me.

Whoever said the customer service people on comc are so wonderful....is so wrong!

I don't know yet if they are wonderful or not, I'll let everyone know if they do any "customer service" for me. I emailed yesterday around 4PM because they were not picking up the phones.

Sorry you guys are having a bad experience - I have been on the site for a long time and never had a problem. They are always very nice and extremely helpful whenever there is a problem. I've purchased almost 2,000 cards from them and sold almost 6,000 cards - in all of that I have had 3 problems. Every problem has been taken care of within 24 hours and to my full satisfaction.

Sorry you guys are having a bad experience - I have been on the site for a long time and never had a problem. They are always very nice and extremely helpful whenever there is a problem. I've purchased almost 2,000 cards from them and sold almost 6,000 cards - in all of that I have had 3 problems. Every problem has been taken care of within 24 hours and to my full satisfaction.

Jury is still out, I haven't decided they are bad yet....one thing is for sure, I am not loading any more money into my account until this is resolved...looks like it is hard to get it all back without fees if you don't use it. Why can't you just buy what you want for the exact amount without loading a minimum of $25 into the system, seems kind of scammish to me. IMO

You CAN purchase without loading store credit. When you are in the shopping cart you just click the Amazon Payments, or Credit Card/Paypal payments button to do so. You get charged the exact amount instead of loading funds. You can also send a check or money order it looks like. The only reason you need to load funds is if you plan on making offers.

Jury is still out, I haven't decided they are bad yet....one thing is for sure, I am not loading any more money into my account until this is resolved...looks like it is hard to get it all back without fees if you don't use it. Why can't you just buy what you want for the exact amount without loading a minimum of $25 into the system, seems kind of scammish to me. IMO

You can just put in $10 at a time if you select custom amount, but I agree it is borderline scammish. I called them on it too and they ignored the comment. It reminds me of the old naxcom site that I still had some money in when it closed down and disappeared.

You're clearly not a fan. To each their own. I was pointing that YOU CAN buy for the exact amount without loading funds into your account. The only time having the funds in your account is useful is of you want to make offers.

My experience with the site has been great - I make a bunch of money selling and get to buy some great cards without using eBay. They do all the work that I would have to do if I sold on eBay. Like I said, I've shuttled around 8,000 cards back and forth with them and have had only 3 issues the whole time. All three issues were resolved in a short amount of time to full satisfaction. That seems like an excellent track record to me.

You can just put in $10 at a time if you select custom amount, but I agree it is borderline scammish. I called them on it too and they ignored the comment. It reminds me of the old naxcom site that I still had some money in when it closed down and disappeared.

I am being as objective as I can be...I have heard that they add a $0.25 to the seller's asking price for every single card just for shipping.....if this is true, which I don't know if it is to be true, then $3 flat rate shipping is misleading.

I am still waiting for any kind of response, even a "we'll get back to in a few days because we are so busy" response even if it isn't the answer to my problem, I am being patient and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

You're clearly not a fan. To each their own. I was pointing that YOU CAN buy for the exact amount without loading funds into your account. The only time having the funds in your account is useful is of you want to make offers.

My experience with the site has been great - I make a bunch of money selling and get to buy some great cards without using eBay. They do all the work that I would have to do if I sold on eBay. Like I said, I've shuttled around 8,000 cards back and forth with them and have had only 3 issues the whole time. All three issues were resolved in a short amount of time to full satisfaction. That seems like an excellent track record to me.

Why are you calling me out?? I was helping to explain it. Saying I'm not fan is clearly wrong, but you are very clearly a fan and will not let anyone have a bad opinion about the site. Relax a little. beachbum was saying he didn't like having to spend $25 at a time to make offers, etc. I told him he could add as little as $10 at a time and I agreed w/ him that is a bit scammish. eBay, sportlots, etc do not require you to have money in their accounts before you can make offers on stuff, so why does COMC do it?? B/c they are clearly making money from it. I am sorry my opinion of ONE aspect of the site differs from your wonderful experiences but if you had money in your account and then it closed down and took your money when it went, you might have a different opinion of it too.

Any money you deposit into your account that is not used can be fully refunded within 30 days of deposit, as long as you havent bought/sold with said money.

Any money you deposit into your account that is not used can be fully refunded within 30 days of deposit, as long as you havent bought/sold with said money.

Do you know if that is true for every deposit or just the first one? I thought that was designed for the "exploratory" customer that jumps in, doesn't do anything, and wants back out. Again, I am just asking questions not trying to give COMC a black eye.

Do you know if that is true for every deposit or just the first one? I thought that was designed for the "exploratory" customer that jumps in, doesn't do anything, and wants back out. Again, I am just asking questions not trying to give COMC a black eye.

To my knowledge, any deposit

I apologize - "calling you out" was not what I was trying to do. I was just saying it seems like you don't like the site to which I added to each their own. I didn't intend to make it an issue with you, so again I apologize for that. It just seems like you've had a very negative experience with them and it is the opposite of my experience.

I've heard other people say certain things are "scammy" about the site, but what frustrates me about that statement is the connotation that they are operating in a less than forthright manner. To me, it seems like all the information about how it works, what fees are, shipping, etc. are all out there in the open. It's never been a surprise to me when I go to checkout or do other things (cash out, buy credit, etc.). I don't see how they can make money on the credit you send in...it is yours to purchase items or request as a refund. No fees associated with the refund.

I will say that the customer service the last 24 hours has not been what I am used to. I'm still waiting to hear back on the issue I e-mailed them about on Saturday. Usually a problem is resolved in a couple of hours. I suppose they could have hired extra help for the weekend, but it would be difficult to have those people understand how the site and the hobby work. Also not a big fan of how the Cyber Monday giveaway has played out so far - a lot of unclaimed prizes sitting there.

Why are you calling me out?? I was helping to explain it. Saying I'm not fan is clearly wrong, but you are very clearly a fan and will not let anyone have a bad opinion about the site. Relax a little. beachbum was saying he didn't like having to spend $25 at a time to make offers, etc. I told him he could add as little as $10 at a time and I agreed w/ him that is a bit scammish. eBay, sportlots, etc do not require you to have money in their accounts before you can make offers on stuff, so why does COMC do it?? B/c they are clearly making money from it. I am sorry my opinion of ONE aspect of the site differs from your wonderful experiences but if you had money in your account and then it closed down and took your money when it went, you might have a different opinion of it too.

How I generally look at it. The .25 cents is to pay the person who has to pick the card from the inventory. The $3.00 covers the cost of mailer, supplies, and shipping.

It's like an eBay buyer who charges $3.25 for the first card and .25 additional for each single. I don't even notice the quarter as I figure that cost into the card cost and assume the $3.00 is what I am actually paying for shipping.

They lost money on the shipping order I placed Saturday night as they have to send it certified/insured for purchase amount.

I am being as objective as I can be...I have heard that they add a $0.25 to the seller's asking price for every single card just for shipping.....if this is true, which I don't know if it is to be true, then $3 flat rate shipping is misleading.

I am still waiting for any kind of response, even a "we'll get back to in a few days because we are so busy" response even if it isn't the answer to my problem, I am being patient and giving them the benefit of the doubt.