Do you prefer blue or black sharpie on your items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Do you prefer blue or black sharpie on your items? any particular reason why you do or dont like one over the other? thanks

I used to use a black sharpie but I got tired of hit being hid on some cards and tried a blue sharpie and I think it is classier and looks a lot better. Although, if someone signs something with a black sharpie, I will not complain! :)

Blue by far.

You can't see a black Sharpie on dark spots of cards. But tilted properly under light, the blue can still be seen.

And silver does work well on some too. Sergei Samsonov used to always sign on the darkest part of a card that he could. I used to counteract that by handing him a silver.

Blue. I've been using Sharpie brand since the late 80s and the black that I used in the early 90s has started to get a yellow "shadow" around some of the autographs. I've never seen this happen with blue.