Ebay rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I was shocked to hear about all of the eBay deliveries until it happened to me this weekend! Four shipments of 2023 Topps Series One logo patch cards were sent in variations of plain white envelopes, and only one survived. Two of the sellers do not accept returns and the third was kind enough to quickly request one via a free return label. But really, who thinks shipping cards in a plain white envelope is a good practice?

EBay, get your **** together!

I was shocked to hear about all of the eBay deliveries until it happened to me this weekend! Four shipments of 2023 Topps Series One logo patch cards were sent in variations of plain white envelopes, and only one survived. Two of the sellers do not accept returns and the third was kind enough to quickly request one via a free return label. But really, who thinks shipping cards in a plain white envelope is a good practice?

I don't think it'd eBay's fault.............It's the lazy, good for nothing, sellers that are trying to increase their profit margins............

I think this would be a non-issue if eBay required card vendors to ship in bubble mailers.
I offer eBay Standard Envelope (32,000+ transactions with one damaged card) and First Class Mail. Guess how many buyers select the First Class upgrade at checkout?

If you require sellers to ship via First Class Bubble Mailers - it wouldn't go well.

There are a lot of clueless people (both buyers and sellers) out there but most of the time you can tell who you're buying from. I do a really nice job (if I don't say so myself) sending ESE and I get a lot of positive feedback about how I ship. I spend a little more to make that happen but it's worked out really well so far. I also buy a lot of cards and am in the same boat getting poorly packaged or thoughtless sellers - buyers have a lot of power on eBay nowadays and you can get your money back if they don't do things right.

Even if the seller says they don't accept refunds, you should still file a claim to return the cards.

Thousands of sellers who do it the right way and buyers that want to save money.

How much were you charged for shipping and what did they advertise?

Sounds like they put cards that were too thick, which is indeed a bad idea.

Have sent cards via PWE many times. Of course in card sleeves with cardboard on each side and tape so it doesn't even move much. Never had an issue..doesn't take a lot of ingenuity.

Update: Was sent a free return label. Shipped card back to the seller. Refund was issued when the card made it back to the seller. should also remind everybody, the seller didnt accept refunds. Im guessing either he had a change of heart or ebay made him. Either way, the money is back in my account and I bought another to replace it. Happy ending.

Update: Was sent a free return label. Shipped card back to the seller. Refund was issued when the card made it back to the seller. should also remind everybody, the seller didnt accept refunds. Im guessing either he had a change of heart or ebay made him. Either way, the money is back in my account and I bought another to replace it. Happy ending.
On Item Not As Described (INAD) the seller is required to accept returns.

Thousands of sellers who do it the right way and buyers that want to save money.

How much were you charged for shipping and what did they advertise?

Sounds like they put cards that were too thick, which is indeed a bad idea.
He charged a buck twenty five. The card would have been just fine had he not used a ziplock bag to ship it in. The zipper part of the bag was folded over right across the card from top to bottom making a beautifully consistent crease the whole way up. Non machinable may have prevented the damage but it was pressed neatly in by the machine. The rest of the card was still mint.