Ebay seller allhopeisgone1980 selling fake autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan5--I didn't think about that..If you don't edit your quote then it won't do no good for me to edit my post because the cuss words are still visible :)

oldschool,

pm sent too!

need information from the buyer who complained about this seller on another trade site! very urgent! see my posts earlier!

thnx

I have been busy today! I filed an internet complaint against this guy and called FBI field offices in Boston and D.C. I also just filed a complaint with the Rochester, NH police department and am awaiting a detective's return phone call about it.

Let's just hope this guy runs away and is never heard from again. If I were him, that is what I would do. Instead of trying these flimsy explanations like he did with oldschool.

This is a common tactic with scammers and liars. They are also making these excuses because it helps to re-enforce in their own minds the rationale they have used to be this dishonest. It helps feed into their deceit and lying to hear it said or see it written. This is how they ignore the truth, by numbing themselves and convincing themselves to believe their dishonesty! It is an interesting psychosis to observe with criminals like this!

Anyway, I will try to post the emails he sent me from eBay. Those also are telling and tie into his paranoia about others. Since he knows he is a thief, he kinda expects others to be!

Take care and wish me luck! I hope we get something going on this jerk and get him thrown in jail. Hopefully, at the very least, he will stop selling fake autographs on eBay!

Be well all!

Last edited:
I have been busy today! I filed an internet complaint against this guy and called FBI field offices in Boston and D.C. I also just filed a complaint with the Rochester, NH police department and am awaiting a detective's return phone call about it. Let's just hope this guy runs away and is never heard from again. If I were him, that is what I would do. Instead of trying these flimsy explanations like he did with oldschool. This is a common tactic with scammers and liars. They are also making these excuses because it helps to re-enforce in their own minds the rationale they have used to be this dishonest. It helps feed into their deceit and lying to hear it said or see it written. This is how they ignore the truth, by numbing themselves and convincing themselves to believe their dishonesty! It is an interesting psychosis to observe with criminals like this! Anyway, I will try to post the emails he sent me from eBay. Those also are telling and tie into his paranoia about others since he knows he is a thief too. He kinda expects others to be!

Take care and wish me luck! I hope we get something going on this jerk and get him thrown in jail. Hopefully, at the very least, he will stop selling fake autographs on eBay!

Be well all!

Somehow this reminds me of Roger Clemens.

I just got off the phone with an officer Swanberry of the Rochester, NH police department who took the complaint information and will pass it up the ladder to the local detectives. There is also and FBI Internet Fraud case #Flag this message
IC3 Complaint: I1102221651517792

Doing all we can and hopefully this jerk stops what he is doing and just fades into the night. We shall see!

Here is his first email to me from eBay after I purchased an item:

Hello! I see you are new as of yesterday 2-11-11! I need payment made ASAP and no echecks! If the echeck is the only way of payment contact me asap? Please! I would like to get payment asap so I can ship "priority" mail to you free of charge but I need communication!? Please advise ASAP? I will await your response! Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

KEVIN YOUKILIS/B.J.UPTON SPORT ROYALTY AUTO 2 CARD LOT
Item Id: 250700937156
End time: Feb-12-11 19:43:52 PST
Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1642)

Interesting how he contacted me immediately after the listing ended starting the demands for payment. Thieves are pushy, aren't they?

Next email:

You have not made communication or payment? Please advise asap!? GD

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1642)

Less than 2 hours later, he is getting kinda paranoid already, isn't he?

Next email:

Hello! I am sorry I did not know that you wanted to bid on other cards! I have sent a new invoice to you so if you could get payment in ASAP that would be great and I can leave your 1st feedback to get ya going on ebay! It will be a great one! Thanks and please advise payment asap?! They will be shipped 1swt thing in the AM if instant payment is made today! Sincerley,Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1642)

I tried to keep him at bay by telling him I wanted to bid on other items so I needed a combined invoice. That is why I was not responding sooner to his inquiries.

Next email:

I have just received your contact information for a request to contact you! I am doing so now as is this what you wanted was to contact me threw email? I would prefer contact threw ebay as all transactions are threw ebay! Please advise why you sent this request? Thanks for the purchase's~Gregg Drew

Now he seems to be getting a bit nervous when I asked eBay for his contact information.

Next email:

Yes this is the seller! Did you read my entire descriptions on the items? PAY PAL ONLY! But if you can't make a pay pal payment lets talk threw email address! I just sent you a message my email address is [email protected] get back to me please ASAP? Thanks

He's getting a bit testy now, don't you think?

Next email:

Flag this message
I am the seller of the cards you purchased on eBay! Youkilis/Upton/Glavine/Crawford auto's
Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:50 PM
"Gregg Drew" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Hello! Please advise me with way of payment ASAP? I will await your reponse so we can get this straightened out,so please get back to me? Thanks Drew

More of the paranoia.

Next email:

RE: I am the seller of the cards you purchased on eBay! Youkilis/Upton/Glavine/Crawford auto's
Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:46 PM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Hello, I would prefer a money order overnight or western union the money to me that way I can get it asap and ship! If you have one near you we can do this tonight or 1st thing in the morning! Does this work? Also I have to cash or receive the money before I ship! Is this okay? Thanks
Gregg Drew
365 Portland St.
Rochester,NH 03867

Got his address so I can mail the payment.

Next email:

Flag this message
RE: I am the seller of the cards you purchased on eBay! Youkilis/Upton/Glavine/Crawford auto's
Monday, February 14, 2011 12:19 AM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Please respond to my messages asap so we can get this transaction to move along please? Thank you and I await your response? Drew

Now, getting a bit perturbed I think.

Next email:

I have sent you a new invoice and I will do so again! Please check your email as I have sent numerous emails about getting this transaction done and what we need to do! Please advise your email address for the invoice and my emails! Gregg Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

More of the same.

Next email:

Please advise as I still have NOT heard back from you? I am getting a little crazy about this as I have ebay buyers blocked that dont have a pay pal account! But its fine I just want to here back about these purchase's? I have sent you 3 invoice's for the final amount! I get charged a fee % on all my sales and I dont want this to go sour as I will be screwed out of $54.23! I would like to get this going please so again advise ASAP to my message's? Gregg Drew

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:23:43 -0700
To: [email protected]
Subject: Other: baby_lightmyway sent a message about KEVIN YOUKILIS/B.J.UPTON SPORT ROYALTY AUTO 2 CARD LOT #250700937156

Notice, he is getting crazy now. His words not mine. Why getting crazy only 3 days after I purchased the cards? You tell me. Guilty conscience? Yep!

Next email:

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:34 AM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
sorry I missed your call but I dont answer private calls! I have sent you many messages on ebay and threw email so please respond threw emails or send me your phone # so we can talk! Thanks you! Drew

I like this one. He states he does not answer personal calls. Then how does anyone ever talk to a real person about such an expensive purchase? You don't. That is part of the scam.

Next email:

Flag this message
Monday, February 14, 2011 1:18 PM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Hey Chris, I received your call and message again I have sent you all the proper info so you can get this paid PLEASE contact me threw email or call again! I will be in work so please leave me a phone # so I can call you back so we can get this going? I have been up waiting for a response but nothing so please contact me? I have always delt with pay pal so this is new to me so please keep on top of my messages and get back ASAP? Thanks Gregg

Now, mind you, this is all within 3 days time! These past few are all within minutes of one another! He is really jumping around inside his skin. Sounds to me like maybe the guy is an addict or something. Dont' know.

Next email:

Please respond asap to these purchase's?
Gregg Drew
365 Prtland St.
Rochester,NH 03867

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Getting a little be more forceful and maybe angry?

Next email:

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:46 PM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Sir why have you not contacted me today email~phone call? I dont have your # so please get in touch with me ASAP?!!!! I have been wqaiting for a cal or a message all day! Please advise? Gregg

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:48:43 -0800
Subject: Re: I am the seller of the cards you purchased on eBay! Youkilis/Upton/Glavine/Crawford auto's
To: [email protected]

i just need to know where to send a cashier's checque? i am going to overnite it tomorrow so i know you will get it fast. i tried to get a paypal account but they say it will take 10 days to confirm my account. i don't want to wait that long. let me know and thanks!

He is really jonesin' now!

Next email:

Sir if I dont here from you by the end of the day I will have to call ebay! I have sent over 10 messages to you and I have not heard back! Please respond and advise ASAP?? I have NOT received payment as you said that you would be overnighting the payment! I have sent you my address 4 times! I will be waiting all day to here back! Gregg Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Actually, I was wrong, I made the buy on the 12th. This new one is the 15th. The past 5 or 6 are the 14th. So really, within 3 days he is threatening me with going to eBay and I have done absolutely nothing wrong! Telling, isn't it?

Next email:

Flag this message
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:13 PM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
Sir I have sent you almost 10 messages and I have not heard back about payment being sent for the auto's you have purchased! Please advise if payment has been sent as I have sent you my address 4+ times! I only received 1 phone call and a message but you have not left me with a # to call you back! I need you to advise this message TODAY you I will have to call ebay in this matter! You said in this message on the 13th that you were going to overnight the payment? I have not received any payment or tracking # to verify! Please respond to the message ASAP you have my # so call as well! Something please? Gregg Drew 365 Portland St Rochester,NH 03867

Now he is starting to get very mad at me. Ouch! That hurts!

Next email:

Sir It has been all day and no response to ANY of my messages or anymore call's? Itds 7pm eastern time so I will only be able to give you till 9 pm to contact me and let me know what is going on? Again I advise you please t get a hold of me ASAP? Gregg Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1653)

Again, remember, these are all on the 15th, within hours of one another! He really wants his money for these forgeries now! I better listen or else!

Next email:

Well Sir I see you have paid one person and they are happy? What about your 3 purchase's of mine? Please contact me as I am getting a little frustrated here!

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

TOM GLAVINE 2006 BOWMAN ORIGINALS BUYBACK AUTO 13/17~SP
TOM GLAVINE 2006 BOWMAN ORIGINALS BUYBACK AUTO 13/17~SP
Item Id: 250757235837
End time: Feb-13-11 11:21:37 PST
Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1653)

A little frustrated? Geeze, that is an understatement!

Next email:

Chris I will be opening a case for a unpaid item in the next 3 hours if I do not here from you! Again this is just wrong as you have cost me $52 in ebay fee's as you have NOT contacted me in 2 days and still NO check/money order/ ANYTHING! What is going on here? SEND ME A MESSAGE PLEASE? Come on all ready???????

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1657)

Finally, a new day, the 17th. He is at his wit's end and is really going to get me now.

Next email:

Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:10 AM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]
HELLO? ARE YOU THERE? THIS IS GETTING REAL REDICULIOUS AS I HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD FROM YOU IN 2 DAYS OR SEEN PAYMENT IN THE MAIL! I WILL HAVE TO OPEN A CASE ON EVERY ITEM YOU PURCHASED IN THE NEXT 3 HOURS IF I DO NOT HERE FROM YOU ON *** IS GOING ON! SO FAR I AM IN THE HOLE $250+ FROM YOUR BUY NOW AND WINNINGS AND EBAY FEE'S OF OVER $50+ CONTACT ME ASAP OR EBAY WILL TAKE OVER ON THIS MATTER! GREGG DREW

Boy oh boy, don't cross this guy! He is going to get me somehow, someway! He is telling me!

Next email:

Chris, why have you done this to me? You have not made any atempts to contact me at all? You can't just go around buying stuff and not paying for them! I could have had these items sold by now but you had to do this? WHY? Are you waiting for your pay pal to get verified or something? I have not received the bank check/money order so I don't know what is going on? Please advise this message ASAP as I don't want to contact ebay and have them go after you so please advise what the hell is going on? Gregg Drew

- allhopeisgone1980

Respond

Seller:

allhopeisgone1980 (1666)

This is his last email to me and it is most precious! Why, you would think I forged some cards and he were the buyer, wouldn't you? Quite ironic is it not?

End

I just sprayed Coke all over my keyboard!!! You've got this guy going as if he were running a Nigerian 419 scam!! (which he might also be doing, for all we know!)

Keep up the GREAT work!!

Dan

I just received a call from Officer Swanberry!

Officer Swanberry of the Rochester, NH police department just called to get this thread address so he can do his investigation and see where it will take him! At least someone is listening and taking a serious look at what we have!

oldschool, need you to contact the detective working this case please!

hi oldschool!

i just recd. a phone call from detective Pinkham of the Rochester, NH police department, who is assigned investigation of the forgery case agains our buddy on ebay. His phone number is: (603) 330-7119. He would like to talk to you as soon as possible as he needs as much information as he can get, to build his case against our friend the forger, on ebay. the detective seems to be a card collector as well and seems very hot to go after this fraud, so please call him and give him any information he needs as soon as you can!

you are doing a great service to our fellow collectors so thanks for all you do and have done! god bless and let us know what is going on! i double-checked the detective's phone number and information and he is legitimate! don't hesitate to help him help all collectors!

Hello all, I just registered here to let you guys know that he has yet another name on ebay. The user ID is: triplethreads1980. He still uses the allhopeisgone1980 one for now as well. This guy still needs to be gone after for what he does. **** like this ruins the hobby. I found this site on Google search for "allhopeisgone1980" and figured I'd let you guys know of his new ID.

Any update on this scammer?

I noticed another thread about this allhopeisgone scammer on the Collectors Universe forum.

It seems that he has taken to doctoring PSA slabbed cards involving Gretzky and Nolan Ryan rookies. :mad:

There is even a pic of him in the thread along with some more of his interesting replies.

Any update on this scammer?

I noticed another thread about this allhopeisgone scammer on the Collectors Universe forum.

It seems that he has taken to doctoring PSA slabbed cards involving Gretzky and Nolan Ryan rookies. :mad:

There is even a pic of him in the thread along with some more of his interesting replies.

You guys GOTTA read that thread - it's as good as this one if not better!

I'm STILL laughing!!! :D

I am bumping this thread again to let you guys know of yet another name this piece of trash is using on eBay. He changed his "allhopeisgone1999" ID to "jackofalltrades1999"

I am actually a music collector (not Slipknot lol) and the auction I found from him just now really made me sick to my stomach. This is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deftones-Signed...ultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5a9e2d1#ht_877wt_1139

Here's what's disgusting about this auction....this particular item just recently came out on vinyl (few weeks ago) and he states that it's signed by all the original members including Chi. Well, Chi Cheng was in a terrible car accident in November 2008 and is still in a vegetative state. No way he can sign autographs that way. It just really makes me sick that this piece of tripe is getting away with this. Not to mention how gross and disrespectful it is to the band considering the condition of their original bass player. Something really needs to be done about this guy.

Really hope I wasn't a bother, just thought I'd give you folks a heads up on his new eBay name and his new...errr old shenanigans.

EDIT - This should really be proof in the pudding for the dude that was trying to get legal action going against this guy as Chi Cheng CAN'T sign autographs now and that record just came out.