For ANYONE that trades & that's EVERYONE…...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
When packaging your cards with tape to seal the open end of a top loader, to secure the flap of a cello pack, to bind multiple plastic top loaders together, to secure close a jewel case….. PLEASE double back the end of your tape onto itself, sticky side to sticky side, to create a tab. This tab, at the end of your tape does not stick to the surface and enables the receiver to pull the tab which pulls the tape cleanly off the surface.
This is not in defense of anxious types who bite their fingernails to a nub rendering their finger tips useless for a frustrating evening of picking at the tape's end to pull it up off the surface, nor is this in defense for tactile challenged types and the aesthetics who like a clean surface to handle. This is for all of them and those who, when you double back your tape to create an easy to pull up tab, can take that nice cleanly pulled up piece of transparent tape and use it again for another time. After all, giving something a second life is the best "R" in Recycling = Reuse!
Thanks for your attention, as you were…..

Do this most of the time, can't say I am batting 1000% though. I like it when people do this because it increases the chance of saving the toploader.

When packaging your cards with tape to seal the open end of a top loader, to secure the flap of a cello pack, to bind multiple plastic top loaders together, to secure close a jewel case….. PLEASE double back the end of your tape onto itself, sticky side to sticky side, to create a tab. This tab, at the end of your tape does not stick to the surface and enables the receiver to pull the tab which pulls the tape cleanly off the surface.
This is not in defense of anxious types who bite their fingernails to a nub rendering their finger tips useless for a frustrating evening of picking at the tape's end to pull it up off the surface, nor is this in defense for tactile challenged types and the aesthetics who like a clean surface to handle. This is for all of them and those who, when you double back your tape to create an easy to pull up tab, can take that nice cleanly pulled up piece of transparent tape and use it again for another time. After all, giving something a second life is the best "R" in Recycling = Reuse!
Thanks for your attention, as you were…..

Good idea! Although I don't do this I may start simply to make my trade partners have an easier time taking off the tape. Thanks.

Like said above, masking tape or painter's blue tape is even better. Or put the top loader into a team bag and seal that instead. I attempt to reuse everything, including team bags and penny sleeves.

Great idea. You can also use masking tape instead of scotch tape. Masking tape leaves very little residue.

Ditto...I tend to use what I have because I have tons of various types of tape. I thought I should use up what I have before I go out and buy a particular type just for mailing trade packages. I'm having trouble finding decent quantities of brown shipping tape (the type the PO lets you use). Seems like retailers aren't keeping it on shelves anymore.

Good points about the tape. I've been doing it like that for years and it makes it so much easier to get to your card. I re-use toploaders, bubble mailers, soft sleeves, and some tape. Opening day is here!

Instead of tapping the open portion of the top loader you can just place tap to each side of the TL with cards in between then slide them into a team bag then tap the bag lid with one piece of tap then bubble bag it.

Instead of tapping the open portion of the top loader you can just place tap to each side of the TL with cards in between then slide them into a team bag then tap the bag lid with one piece of tap then bubble bag it.

Yep, and that piece of tape is double backed for an easy pull tab…..

I completely agree with you that it should be done. However I lean more closely on "count your blessings" that the top loader is even taped to begin with. I've had bad experiences and for that I'm thankful that tape is even used. Having a bad top loader or replacing them is simply a cost of undergoing the hobby.