Help with identification of this Goose Gossage Patch card????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtomadp301

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
Hey everyone,

I just got this card in a lot I recently purchased. The card is a 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Patch of Goose Gossage 29/50.

When I received the card I noticed that there is a stamp on the card of the Miami dolphins logo just over the Sp Legendary Cuts logo. Here is the scan:

pic165.jpg

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was some promotion from a card show, or a special release, or if it is just an error card.

I also noticed the patch has some unusual colors for the teams Goose Gossage played for, so I was leaning towards error, but you never know.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,
Dan

That is weird.. it looks like the patch is from a Mariners jersey too!

Christopher

the card companies do this all the time...drives me nuts.

Didn't realize that.. not sure why the would put him in a Yankee uniform on the card though.. lol

Yes they use one stock photo for a whole bunch of cards. I've seen quite a few HOF GU mismatched this way too. Billy Williams pictured as a Cub but the jersey is a bright yellow A's piece, Frank Robinson pictured as an Oriole but the jersey is a Dodgers piece, etc.

Well at lest it could be Goose's patch. I was thinking it might be a miami dolphins patch, because of the dolphins stamp, thinking it was an error.

Dan