Help with identification of this Goose Gossage Patch card????

timtomadp301

5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

I just got this card in a lot I recently purchased. The card is a 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Patch of Goose Gossage 29/50.

When I received the card I noticed that there is a stamp on the card of the Miami dolphins logo just over the Sp Legendary Cuts logo. Here is the scan:

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was some promotion from a card show, or a special release, or if it is just an error card.

I also noticed the patch has some unusual colors for the teams Goose Gossage played for, so I was leaning towards error, but you never know.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,
Dan

robert326

4.90 star(s)
the card companies do this all the time...drives me nuts.

Didn't realize that.. not sure why the would put him in a Yankee uniform on the card though.. lol

Yes they use one stock photo for a whole bunch of cards. I've seen quite a few HOF GU mismatched this way too. Billy Williams pictured as a Cub but the jersey is a bright yellow A's piece, Frank Robinson pictured as an Oriole but the jersey is a Dodgers piece, etc.

timtomadp301

5.00 star(s)
Well at lest it could be Goose's patch. I was thinking it might be a miami dolphins patch, because of the dolphins stamp, thinking it was an error.

Dan