How much would you pay for this set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuart007stein

Prospect
I have the 2011 Topps Black #/60 Complete Set. There are 990 cards in the entire set, all numbered to 60. 33 of the cards are either serial numbered #1 or #60, including a #5 serial numbered card for Albert Pujols -- his jersey number.

I know the book value of the set per beckett.com, but curious how much you think someone would be willing to pay for it?

Just looking for some honest opinions. Thanks!
Stuart

That is quite the accomplishment! My best guess would be roughly $3-$4 per card for a total of $3,000-$4,000 (depending on the serial numbers for individual players).

thats one of those where you would have to put it up at auction and just see what it will bring...i'd for sure set an opening price or reserve to cover myself in case it didn't make it.

but...wow, thats a nice set to have.

The set would sell for much more as singles.

"33 of the cards are either serial numbered #1 or #60, including a #5 serial numbered card for Albert Pujols -- his jersey number."

How can a card #5/60 be included in cards numbered #1/60 and #60/60?

Just curious about how you put the set together...mostly through ebay?

I would shoot for closer to $10,000 on a sale price. $3-$4 per card is less than you would have paid on average from what I've seen these sell for.

Nice job putting a tough set together. The only true way to see what the set would go for, would be to put it up for auction.

I do not put a premium on serial numbered cards being numbered first or last in the set or the uniform # of a specific player.

If I were to sell a set like that I would contact Beckett or a professional auction house. Let them know what I had, they have a list of collectors and connections that could get the best possible price for it. It probably needs to be appraised. They could at least tell you if there was a market for it.

The set would sell for much more as singles.

"33 of the cards are either serial numbered #1 or #60, including a #5 serial numbered card for Albert Pujols -- his jersey number."

How can a card #5/60 be included in cards numbered #1/60 and #60/60?

It's a unique serial numbered card, in that it is his jersey number. Some collectors find or appreciate cards like this - just like 1/60 or 60/60.

greyminis and I appreciate tough parallels. I was also thinking close to $10,000, but this is a tough economy so you never know if this is the time to do it.

Stuart, That quite an accomplishment. I couldn't venture a guess at what it would go for but I would figure out what it cost YOU to put it together and would start there. Curious, how DID you put it together and what did it cost you. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here. (I don't collect these sets). Thanks, Mike

Stuart, That quite an accomplishment. I couldn't venture a guess at what it would go for but I would figure out what it cost YOU to put it together and would start there. Curious, how DID you put it together and what did it cost you. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here. (I don't collect these sets). Thanks, Mike

I collected it mostly through Ebay -- 90% of it, anyway. I snagged a few off of Checkoutmycards.com, sportlots.com, sportsbuy.com, bbonly.com. I found a few folks that busted about 20 cases of Topps and worked out a deal with them on the black parallels in Series 2 and Update. Series 1 was the toughest, but by the time I got to 2 and Update, I had a pretty solid process down. I think I completed Update in about 3 weeks from the release date.

Not sure on the exact cost. I really have no idea.

I collected it mostly through Ebay -- 90% of it, anyway. I snagged a few off of Checkoutmycards.com, sportlots.com, sportsbuy.com, bbonly.com. I found a few folks that busted about 20 cases of Topps and worked out a deal with them on the black parallels in Series 2 and Update. Series 1 was the toughest, but by the time I got to 2 and Update, I had a pretty solid process down. I think I completed Update in about 3 weeks from the release date.

Not sure on the exact cost. I really have no idea.

Pretty Cool!

That's got to be the only set that exists of those. I know how tough those are, I've been seeking out Yankees over the years. I don't know what you can get for the set but as the years go by, they are non-existent on the hobby market. Try to find any quantity over 1-2 of 2003 or 2004's.

Hate to say it, but I think you will get the most breaking it up in a few years when they have disappeared from the market. Would be a shame to break it up but that's where the money is.

Hate to say it, but I think you will get the most breaking it up in a few years when they have disappeared from the market. Would be a shame to break it up but that's where the money is.

I like this idea. In a couple of years team/player collectors would pay top dollar.