HUGE Pull from a Promo Box

Do you like the design of these cards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thanks guys for the input i dont want to write a bad review cause i got the box for free but the design is not the best but the cut is clean i dont know if theres diffrent color patterns or all the cards are black i personally think these would be huge with a better design!

Last edited:
I personally like having the cuts in a PSA/DNA slab rather than in a card. The Stengel auto certainly looks legit to me but it doesn't seem to me that it's accompanied by any kind of guarantee to it's authenticity. What does the back look like?

Thanks guys for the input i dont want to write a bad review cause i got the box for free

:confused: WOW ! Seriously ?? :confused:

If that's the case why did you bother opening the box ? You could have pitched it in the trash, wrote the review, and saved a lot of time and energy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If that is the design of a card going to market the producer should be prepared to sit on a lot of product. One of the uglier designs I've ever seen. I'd definitely rather have an authenticated PSA/DNA auto than that!

-J

You should feel no obligation to write a positive review because the box was free, ESPECIALLY because the box was free. If it were that easy to get positive feedback, that is how rating systems would work. Free product and services for a positive review!! They are expecting to get exposure for the box and I would certainly expect that someone would write an honest review.

The design sucks! The card looks like a joke and if you had gotten a common player, you probably would have been angry, especially if these cost any decent amount of money.

The certification issue is probably another one. I see what looks like a good auto, but some need more. They need trustful reassurances.

This company needs to go back to the drawing board, big time. The only way I would buy something like that is if there was a Garvey and ONLY because I am a complete fool when it comes to collecting Garvey, sadly! If it is made, I will want one.

Thanks guys for the input i dont want to write a bad review cause i got the box for free but the design is not the best but the cut is clean i dont know if theres diffrent color patterns or all the cards are black i personally think these would be huge with a better design!

55 benchies say no to the design so far :)
0 like :D

it may be the way you scanned the card but i agree it does appear to be not real as in a photoshopped border around the cut

I think this is a hoax. The card looks like an amateur photoshop attempt and the dimensions of the card (the ratio of vertical to horizontal) aren't consistent with modern card sizes.

Has anyone else noticed that if you google "TriCitySportPL Cut Edition," the only link you get is to this thread?

Michael

actually here's the link to there site!

http://tricitysportspl.webs.com/

and it's no secret my close friend is a partner of Tricitysports!

I think this is a hoax. The card looks like an amateur photoshop attempt and the dimensions of the card (the ratio of vertical to horizontal) aren't consistent with modern card sizes.

Has anyone else noticed that if you google "TriCitySportPL Cut Edition," the only link you get is to this thread?

Michael

How do the rest of the cards look? I don't really like the look of the one scan...the sig is beautiful, but I think most of us could have printed a better looking card.

Scott

Well all i know as of right now that there was 12 total boxes shipped for market testing as promo's with 6 diffrent designs and which ever gets the best review my friend told me they will go with that design i know there planing to relese in dec 2010!

I dont want to give a bad review cause i got the box free and he's a close friend of mine but i know the design is not good!

How do the rest of the cards look? I don't really like the look of the one scan...the sig is beautiful, but I think most of us could have printed a better looking card.

Scott

Last edited:
actually here's the link to there site!

http://tricitysportspl.webs.com/

and it's no secret my close friend is a partner of Tricitysports!

I can say with all confidence that the amount of time the company spent designing that card was about the same amount of time they spent designing the website.

I'm even more convinced that this is suppossed to be a joke, but it's one that I don't get.

Michael

Here is an honest review...

Let's see. 1000 hobby boxes @ $99/box. That means the owner makes $100K on the run, if all boxes sell. There are enough uninformed and indiscriminate buyers to assume this is a good possibility.

You might have to spend a few thousand (we are talking plain jane 3x5s I suspect and I am probably being generous here) to find a similar big hit autos they are advertising and let's say for argument sake, all of the autos inserted run you $10K. I can't tell from the information provided, but it seems like the box is a single card. 1000 autographs being sold at an average of $100 a piece! The owner spends $10K and makes a very healthy profit. You, the buyer, beat the odds on one of the "hits" such as Jordan, Lombardi or Robinson and you have a decent deal (assuming they are real and who is authenticating them again???), the rest are grossly overpriced!

Those may be the ugliest "cards" I have ever seen. The only thing that could make it worse would be to use a cut photograph (like TriStar Signa Cuts) instead of a clean 3x5 signature.

I would not admit to being at all connected to this joke of an operation, even to mention a friend is the owner. The website is pathetic! Misspelled words and poor grammar. Your comments about not writing an honest review because it's your buddy and you got the box free and your connection to this operation could seriously cast doubt on your character as well.

This is like Famous Fabrics, but worse!

The other product mentioned on the website is "2008 TriCitySportsPL Graded Card Edition."

If you google this, you come up with no results. There is absolutely no mention of either of these products anywhere other than here and on the purported website of the company.

I'm not sure what the motivation of the original poster is to invent this fantasy. If he wanted opinions of his card design, I don't know why he would not have asked for such.

Michael

In december i will buy a few boxes (wholesale price) i invite you guys to join the live break on my utube station!

honestly i would buy a box or 2 just so show support for a friend i am kind of old school and i dont turn my back on close friends!

After all of what was said in this thread why in the world would you buy any of this product?

This really smells of the OP being in on the release. A poll to feel out the market, defending the quality of an obviously poor quality product, admitting to a connection with the "owner", advertising more breaks and now this "honestly i would buy a box or 2 just so show support for a friend i am kind of old school and i dont turn my back on close friends!".

Come clean if it's true and admit that you are part of this release (investor/ speculator, employee or some other personal interest connection) and you might gain a little respect back. Otherwise, if you are not affiliated with this product in any way in which you stand to gain anything from it's sale, then very odd but go for it. I'd like to see more cards for the sheer entertainment value.