HUGE Pull from a Promo Box

Do you like the design of these cards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOL not a investor i wish i had the cash flow to get involved maybe you want to hook me up with a loan? haha

I own a biz but it's not sports related

at this point i dont feel i need to say more you will see when the product comes out!

This really smells of the OP being in on the release. A poll to feel out the market, defending the quality of an obviously poor quality product, admitting to a connection with the "owner", advertising more breaks and now this "honestly i would buy a box or 2 just so show support for a friend i am kind of old school and i dont turn my back on close friends!".

Come clean if it's true and admit that you are part of this release (investor/ speculator, employee or some other personal interest connection) and you might gain a little respect back. Otherwise, if you are not affiliated with this product in any way in which you stand to gain anything from it's sale, then very odd but go for it. I'd like to see more cards for the sheer entertainment value.

Last edited:
I agree, this is a complete joke. Many members of this site have better websites then their company. It was built on a free-blog type platform. Futher more they can't spell release correctly in 1st sentence and the website was started on Oct 5th, 2010, just 12 days before this thread started. Of their top 10 listed stars that could be pulled, several of those names are nowhere near as big as Casey Stengel, who is not among those 10 names. Who would be happier getting a Dan Marino 1/1 vs a Casey Stengel?

Well my last words on this is when the product comes out you will see how real this is and FYI my friends son made the site and it's good for HS student!

Theres certain close friends from my past if they where selling something i had no use for i would still buy it!

I will leave this thread alone after this post by me cause i am offended by some peoples comments!

Last edited:
i say that the scan of the card in post #1 is not of a real card. just an edited image. first off the black is way too solid black to be realistic. the font looks like it was copied from MS Word. no shadow to show depth of the card at all. the corners are way too perfect. also with such a high end auto, when have you ever seen a serial number like that? color of the font is also too bright.
can we see a scan of the back of the card?

i say that the scan of the card in post #1 is not of a real card. just an edited image. first off the black is way too solid black to be realistic. the font looks like it was copied from MS Word. no shadow to show depth of the card at all. the corners are way too perfect. also with such a high end auto, when have you ever seen a serial number like that? color of the font is also too bright.
can we see a scan of the back of the card?

That's kind of what I thought...

I would also like to see a scan of the back of the card.

Additionally, can you find any website anywhere, beside the thread here and the website of the company, that makes any mention of either the 2008 Graded product or the 2010 Cut product?

I can't find any information about pre-orders for the new product. I can't find a single image or mention of the 2008 product. I can't find a single shred of evidence that this company or that these products exist.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

I wonder if were all just part of a "marketing survey" on a product he is thinking about doing himself?:)

C'mon man. Let's be real. You "have to write a full review for this product which was the catch for a promo box", yet your only willing to write a positive review because your buddy owns the company? But, and I quote..."I am not huge fan of the design" and "I added a poll to see if you guys like the design or not just to make sure my review is accrute?" How accurate can you be with statements like those? Are you kidding me?

Send me a free box and I will lie and write a good review too!

I'm sorry if my comments were any that offended you, but they will when the truth hurts. It is especially hard to keep silent on these issues, because so many different kinds of collectors read these boards. Often the truth is not allowed to surface, because that is considered hostile and the threads are shut down, but it needs to! This is more an advertisement for this product than it is an opinion poll. This is further proven by statements like "Theres certain close friends from my past if they where selling something i had no use for i would still buy it!".

The masses have spoken and this product, at least from the scan you provided, is a bust. The ONLY SAVING GRACE is nobody would pass on an authentic autograph of someone like Casey Stengel. However, if I am spending $100 only for a chance on something good and I am more likely to pull a Orlando Cepeda, then I would pass w/o question.

I hope that smart buyers would insist on a complete checklist before dropping $100 per box on this stuff. Of the names listed, I have to assume the remaining "hits" are worth a 10th of the purchase price. I'd also like to know that buyers get more than a single "card" per box. You have not stated that once in your thread. IS THERE MORE THAN THAT STENGEL FROM YOUR BOX?

Loan denied!

I finally got my Free Promo Box of TriCitySportPL Cut Edition!

I have to write a full review for this product which was the catch for a promo box!

I am not huge fan of the design but the cut auto's are clean so i would say it's good stuff!

I added a poll to see if you guys like the design or not just to make sure my review is accrute?

PromoCut.jpg

Casey Stengal Cut Auto 1/4 (HOF) ^^^^^^^

I'm a bit offended that you didn't know Casey Stengel is in the H.O.F.

If this indeed an actual card, why would you not post a scan of the back as so many have requested? Or of other cards from the box? Is it a one card box, as asked about above?

At any rate, the card design is terrible. If you can authenticate the auto take it out and put it in a picture frame (or something else similar) and you got something nice.

If this thread was designed to advertise and drum up support for this new "product" all I can say is EPIC FAIL

If this indeed an actual card, why would you not post a scan of the back as so many have requested? Or of other cards from the box? Is it a one card box, as asked about above?

I'd make a sizeable wager that this is not an actual card. Maybe the card exists but the posted pic is NOT real. Put that pic in a photo editor, zoom in, and you find that except for the autograph everything is pure solid colors and ultra sharp corners, like you get when you edit/fill and crop a pic.

If this thread was designed to advertise and drum up support for this new "product" all I can say is EPIC FAIL

I'd make a sizeable wager that this is not an actual card. Maybe the card exists but the posted pic is NOT real. Put that pic in a photo editor, zoom in, and you find that except for the autograph everything is pure solid colors and ultra sharp corners, like you get when you edit/fill and crop a pic.

I agree 100%!

I voted on this when the thread first started and am not surprised at the reaction since.

I have three thoughts on this.
1. That card looks incredibly fake as most suspect it is. If I find cards with a super black background and scan it, it still won't come out looking that crisp.
2. At one point you said that you think Stengel is a HOFer. I understand that not everyone follows every sport. I can't tell you who most Basketball HOFers are because I just don't follow the sport. Why are you helping promote a product about a sport that you apparently know little about, or at least little history about.
Inbeforethelock.gif

I finally got my Free Promo Box of TriCitySportPL Cut Edition! I busted it yesterday and was suprised it was a VERY NICE cut auto of Casey Stengal i think he is a hof?

I have to write a full review for this product which was the catch for a promo box!

I am not huge fan of the design but the cut auto's are clean so i would say it's good stuff!

I added a poll to see if you guys like the design or not just to make sure my review is accrute?

Please vote on the poll and tell me what you think about these cut auto cards?

PromoCut.jpg

Casey Stengal Cut Auto 1/4 (HOF) ^^^^^^^

If the auto's being clean is all it takes to make it good stuff, you're searching way too hard for nice things to say. That right there should tell you all you need. It's an unlicensed product, so that leaves out team logos, pictures of subjects in action or even in uniform, from the lack of information anywhere, even by the person busting a promo box (which it would make sense to load, just to get people more likely to post a positive review.) You make no mentions of if there were any other cards in the box, haven't posted a scan of the back, haven't mentioned who certified anything, and the design looks worse than my cousins Jr. High MS Paint projects. It has all the credibility of the 'aftermarket 1/1' cards on ebay