I just officially gave up on my Masterpieces redemptions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soxfan33

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I hated to do it, but with all of the talk about UD losing the baseball license and that redemptions are now in question, I figured that these will never get signed and I should at least get something in return. So, I finally asked for replacement autos for my Griffey & Victor Martinez 08 Masterpieces Stroke of Genius autos. The only two that I needed for my 08 Stroke of Genius set.

I'd been waiting for the Griffey for 1 1/2 years and the Martinez for almost a year. My set is complete without them because they weren't produced, but it would have been great to have them. Here's what they would have looked like:

Griffey08MasterpiecesUDProof.jpg

Martinez08SOGProof.jpg

When I asked what I would get in return he told me that he would put Griffey, Ripken, Ryan and possibly Jeter down for the Griffey. He said I probably wouldn't get a Jeter but I'd rather get a Jeter so I can get something nice for what I paid for the Griffey ($150). UD has flooded the market with Griffey stuff, so I'm hoping for a Nolan Ryan. He said I'd probably get a Youkilis for the Martinez.

Again, I hated to do it, but it's been a year and a half on the Griffey & almost a year for the Martinez, so I don't think they would have ever gotten signed.

Would you have done the same thing?

John

I hope you get what you wanted....But if they flooded the market with Griffey jr auto's....why can't use one of the band aid auto's and stick on your redemption card? Best regards, David