I'm in a foul mood, thanks to 2 ebay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St
Just spent 2 days trying to deal with a ebay seller whom I bought 2 Tony Gwynn game-used jersey cards from. He offered combined shipping, $1.75 for the first and $0.50 for each additional card won. Got the two cards the other day, and both are damaged. Why? Because he packaged two game-used jersey cards inside toploaders, and placed them both in a plain white envelope. To top it off even more, the envelope isn't labeled anywhere as to HANDLE WITH CARE, DO NOT MACHINE, DO NOT BEND, or anything of the sort.

I have tried dealing with him, and he says he sends them all like this, and I am the first person to ever complain or have a problem. And you know, he has / HAD 100% positive feedback. So I tried to work it out with him. In the back of my mind, I thought maybe he hasn't had a problem, as some buyers don't notice, or maybe he has, resolved it, and resells the cards again hoping to get a buyer that doesn't notice.

He told me the post office knows to not machine it if it has extra postage on it. I told him I thought you should make a notation of it. Maybe the post office does if you take the cards in, they print the label, stamp it themselves, and then put it in the correct bin. But this envelope doesn't have a printed label, it has a 44 cent stamp, a 3 cent stamp, and two 17 cent stamps. So I am thinking he just throws it in his box, let's the mailman pick it up, and since it has extra postage, will get tossed in the correct bin. I THINK NOT!

Regardless, I just left him a negative, and he thinks I am out of line. Maybe it was because I got 2 game-used cards in one envelope, and the ones he ships with one in it has been doing fine. I don't know. But I told him anyone who knows much about cards knows that a PWE isn't ok for game-used. He disagrees and will continue to ship that way. Offered me a refund for the purchase price of the cards, but I needed to eat the shipping and return shipping. For what, to have him try to pawn off the cards again on someone else maybe. No, I will take the hit and keep the cards, and not invest any more into them. Anyways, if you would like to give him some advice, or steer clear of him, here is a link to his id - http://myworld.ebay.com/rv9b

Next up is tnt, who sells a bunch. I am wondering what if anything I should do here. I bought 30 plus auctions from them on Dec. 23. They sent me an email on the 24th, and I paid with paypal immediately. They left me positive feedback within 10 minutes of me paying, which I thought was great. On Jan. 6th, I sent an email asking about the package. No response. On Jan. 12th, the package arrived. That is 3 weeks for my package to arrive. I thought maybe it was the holidays. But then I looked at the label that they used through paypal, and it was printed on Jan. 8th. Over 2 weeks after I paid.

So my question is this, should I let it all slide, and forget about it? Should I leave neutral feedback, as I am happy with the product, but the service sucked? <<<<< That is what I am leaning towards. But if I do that, and buy again, will they remember it and will I get blackballed? Maybe it was a lapse, as it looks like they ship on time to some. But others look displease too. Opinions please.

Sorry, just had to vent my frustrations!

GU + PWE = FAIL (every time!)

never had a thick card come in a pwe that wasn't damaged/creased...

seller deserved the negative. also sad to see that he will continue shipping like that.

too bad, I just paid TNT today for several Loney cards I was needing. But, I don't really worry about the shipping time as long as they arrive safely. Unless someone states that they ship the item immediately after payment received...

I think you cut sellers slack around the holidays...though sellers who don't communicate should be avoided. If a seller is selling on ebay around the holidays and are going to be away that should be stated clearly in a listing...then the buyer/bidder at least will know the deal.

And they did arrive ok (From TNT), but 3 weeks? And took them over 2 weeks before they even printed the label to ship. And they never even responsed to my email to them, asking. Probably looked, found their oversight, and then took care of it. But a response would have made it better in my opinion. If you are going to run behind, and a buyer asks, shouldn't you reply and give them a better feeling, lol?

I know I have, when I ran behind on getting something out. I actually was proactive and PMed them letting them know, just to ease their minds if they were worried.

GU + PWE = FAIL (every time!)

never had a thick card come in a pwe that wasn't damaged/creased...

seller deserved the negative. also sad to see that he will continue shipping like that.

too bad, I just paid TNT today for several Loney cards I was needing. But, I don't really worry about the shipping time as long as they arrive safely. Unless someone states that they ship the item immediately after payment received...

On the first guy, you would receive a refund from Paypal for the cost and shipping when you return, but you would lose the return shipping, which may not be worth it since you'd need DC, also.

For TNT, I would leave all negs....mostly because they did the same thing to me a while back, and I have yet to get a bunch of cards I bought back in December. My neighbor bought cards from TNT the same weekend I did and his arrived without sleevs and it 15 or so cards shoved into one thick top-loader. The top-loader was so full, it was bulging. My friend had to return the cards for his refund. TNT used to be the best but now, they are just getting greedy and lazy with their customer service.

Regarding TNT, mine were about 10 or so cards in soft sleeves, stuffed inside a large top loader. That didn't really bother me though, as they did come out with little effort after removing the tape. And, the large top loaders are nice as I will be able to use them for some stuff I have around here, so that was a win/win for me really. But the time issue and lack of communication is what I had a problem with.

And with the first seller, you are correct.....I was in a situation of having a little under $5 with the two damaged Gwynns here, or send them back and have $2 in nothing. I figured it was worth the $3 to keep him from selling them to someone else, and to be able to leave feedback to warn others. I offered to go ahead and send them all back as long as I got a full refund and he repaid me my expenses of returning the cards to him. He wouldn't, and I figured why should I eat it. Figured I did 2 things for my investment, 1) could warn potential buyers about his shipping methods, and 2) keep him from reselling those cards back to someone else who may not notice or say something.

On the first guy, you would receive a refund from Paypal for the cost and shipping when you return, but you would lose the return shipping, which may not be worth it since you'd need DC, also.

For TNT, I would leave all negs....mostly because they did the same thing to me a while back, and I have yet to get a bunch of cards I bought back in December. My neighbor bought cards from TNT the same weekend I did and his arrived without sleevs and it 15 or so cards shoved into one thick top-loader. The top-loader was so full, it was bulging. My friend had to return the cards for his refund. TNT used to be the best but now, they are just getting greedy and lazy with their customer service.

Last edited:
And they did arrive ok (From TNT), but 3 weeks? And took them over 2 weeks before they even printed the label to ship. And they never even responsed to my email to them, asking. Probably looked, found their oversight, and then took care of it. But a response would have made it better in my opinion. If you are going to run behind, and a buyer asks, shouldn't you reply and give them a better feeling, lol?

I know I have, when I ran behind on getting something out. I actually was proactive and PMed them letting them know, just to ease their minds if they were worried.

Yes, I agree, they should have responded with a status for you - didn't catch that part...
don't think that really warrants a negative though...would definately hit their stars for shipping time and communication though

Negative feedback for the 1st guy.

Positive for the second, but give reduced stars for communication and shipping time. The stars carry more weight than the positive or negative because they need to maintain high star marks to keep lower final value prices.

Dan

My $0.02 worth. Not knowing the full disclosure on both of their posts, I can't say one way or the other. I suggest that you do a little research for both and see what went on. I would lean to negative for the first one. For the second one I would see how many sales they had over the course of the three weeks and go from there. They may have had a gang load of stuff to send out. Maybe by answering e-mails they would have had the cards out much later than three weeks. I would do positive for the second and cut down on the stars as the post previously said.

My $0.02 worth. Not knowing the full disclosure on both of their posts, I can't say one way or the other. I suggest that you do a little research for both and see what went on. I would lean to negative for the first one. For the second one I would see how many sales they had over the course of the three weeks and go from there. They may have had a gang load of stuff to send out. Maybe by answering e-mails they would have had the cards out much later than three weeks. I would do positive for the second and cut down on the stars as the post previously said.

i second this opinion 100%

I have had similar problem with TNT.. I have bought a bunch from him.. he probably just sold so much during holiday season and got behind.. he is decent guy but yes his service does suck sometimes!! I wouldn't leave him a negative as you did get your cards.. but that is up to you.. If it was me I would probably leave positive but leave "slow shipping" as my feedback response!

Christopher

I really wish TNT would answer their messages.. I sent them 2 or 3 about a few cards I wanted to pick up but were overpriced based on original bvs which have since come down.. But they refuse to answer so I guess they will just have them sitting in their account rotting until they answer

If you got your cards from TNT, then there's no real reason to leave a negative, or even a neutral. Like others have said, best way is to mark down the stars to a reasonable level on communication and shipping time.

You should definitely leave the PWE guy a negative, but not TNT. Maybe mark the stars down, but no negative. They probably are busy for holidays. I made a large order from them a while back and it came in in less than a week.

seller 1) take the loss and avoid for now on....
seller 2) leave pos but in the writting state only that shipping was extrememly slow... ding them on the shipping stars too!

For seller 1, he's looks like an ass so everyone should definitely avoid him.

For seller 2, I actually brought from tnt several time and they were all shipped in a timely matter. I wouldn't leave him negative for this, maybe neutral. You did get the cards. But this seller i know is a good seller so people shouldn't have to worry much about tnt.

Guys, I never considered leaving TNT negative. I was just curious as to feedback on leaving neutral and comments, or just letting it slide. I mean, they only charge $3 for shipping all of it, it was just a lack of communication and how long it took. But I have since cooled a bit, and will probably just leave positive and maybe hit them on the stars.

But I do have to say, be ready to get a PWE if you buy from seller #1. So you have been warned. Thing is, I wanted to grab a few more of the Gwynn's, as he has been listing a bunch of them, and they seem to go very reasonable. But no more for me.