Input on selling on EBAY...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eenrique25

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Hello fellow traders, I am currently downsizing my collection and so want to sell a large amount of cards, Autographs and Game Used on the fee loving Ebay, although I have bought there in the past like most of us looking for that elusive card, I haven't been selling much, so I was wondering what's your input on this, I was planning on selling as a lot of more than 250 GU and Au or should I sell them individually, there's stars, HOF's, retired all stars etc. Not just junk cards, but how could I get more for my cards, any input would be appreciated, thanks.

I would absolutely sell them individually. Case in point: I recently saw a complete factory set of 2001 Fleer Tradition go for $40.00. A couple days later, I saw the Pujols card from that particular set go for $40.00. I would say sell them individually and at the same time add an excellent combined shipping rate. Like a flat rate for one card, 25 cents each additional card up to $5.00 or something to that effect. You can make a killing that way.

You can list cards for free, up to ? per month. It costs 9% for the final sales price and 9% on shipping. You also have to figure in the paypal fees. Make sure you use the paypal shipping. It's cheaper than the po. I would sell the cards individually and space them a minute or two apart so people can go for the combined shipping. I wouldn't list everything at once. Just list up to the maximum free insertions per month.

If you do what they say, you can take the stuff that didn't sell after the first two or three cycles through, and then start grouping a little bit. I always list so that the auction ends on a Sunday night, usually between 9:30-11:00 Pacific Time. I believe that this time period is when the most people are on searching around the site.

The bigger the lot, the less competition for the lot. A guy who collects Maddux doesn't care nearly as much about the Jeter cards, a guy after Pujols doesn't care about the Joe Mauer. A collector may be after the all star stitches set and see a few cards he needs, and lots of cards he doesn't. They are not likely to bid much extra for the 230 cards they don't care about to get the handful they do. I'd say sell the big names by themselves, the rest in lots by team/player, or set. I do think with the free listings Ajax has a great idea too, list them all individually, then break down the unsold into lots later. That has the potential to maximize your profits.

Thanks everyone for a quick response, I guess I will sell them individually as I dont think I have enough to do team lots although it sounds tempting. Thanks again.

You may want to check out COMC.com, I have been selling a ton of lower end stuff on there. Bigger ticket items go to eBay, everything else heads there.